Friedman: "Toronto is making A LOT of calls right now"

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Sounds like Marner could singlehandedly close the Leafs' window right before it opens. If I were the Leafs I'd be looking into a hockey trade shipping Marner out. Get the defenceman they need, a top scoring forward(a level below Marner), keep Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown, Kadri, etc., and remove the distraction.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Sounds like Marner could singlehandedly close the Leafs' window right before it opens. If I were the Leafs I'd be looking into a hockey trade shipping Marner out. Get the defenceman they need, a top scoring forward(a level below Marner), keep Kapanen, Johnsson, Brown, Kadri, etc., and remove the distraction.
I agree as a leafs fan. Tired of the drama

Jan 21, 2018
Did anyone else let out a big sigh after they read the thread title? You're making this too easy Friedman.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
this is the part where big money dubas gets to eat crow for mortgaging off his teams future for JT. Lol
Not a Leafs fan, but anybody believing that Tavares was a bad thing for Toronto is not thinking clearly. The Leafs are a much worse team without JT, his free agent deal isn't the issue in Toronto. I'd take him and that deal on my team anytime.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
They want that offer sheet contract because it will be 5 years long and for as much or more than the 11x8 offered by the Leafs. Then he can double dip and sign a UFA contract at 27 for upwards of 14-15 mil depending on how the TV deal affects the cap.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
A 2nd for Brown could be reasonable at any other point in the season, but not right before the draft and then free agency. If your team needs a Connor Brown you can try and sign one for free on July 1st before giving up a good draft pick.

Reactions: HBK27

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Not a Leafs fan, but anybody believing that Tavares was a bad thing for Toronto is not thinking clearly. The Leafs are a much worse team without JT, his free agent deal isn't the issue in Toronto. I'd take him and that deal on my team anytime.
Agreed. It’s the Marleau (thanks Lou), Zaitzev contracts that are hurting them right now

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Did anyone else let out a big sigh after they read the thread title? You're making this too easy Friedman.

The fact that this is a thread is the only thing going worthy of a sigh. Friedman is just saying what he knows, he’s not the one who deems something thread worthy lol.

Reactions: TML1990 and MisterT

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Like someone else already stated, why would anyone take Conner Brown right now for a second round pick?

Especially with free agency a week and a half away? Where there will be multiple guys just like him available for similar money and absolutely no draft compensation?

Leafs are going to have to lose something. Whether it be a mid tier player or attaching their own draft compensation into these guys for the taking team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad