DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Kadri
Bracco

For

McCann
Hawryluk
Heponiemi

Florida adds a quality asset and an upgrade at center. Leafs get to shed a little salary that that can allocate to defense moving forward.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Rather not move Kadri for an unproven undersized spec. For all we know Bracco (point per game in the AHL in his age 21 season) could end up better than any piece returned.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Kadri
Bracco

For

McCann
Hawryluk
Heponiemi

Florida adds a quality asset and an upgrade at center. Leafs get to shed a little salary that that can allocate to defense moving forward.
So we save a whole 4.5 million while getting bent over in this trade? Yippee....

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Well, my thought process was, yes it would suck to lose Kadri as having a 1-2-3 punch was nice, but could we acquire a lesser 3rd line center and free up some money.

Ummm no. You dont do that. You deal him for DMan.. you dont move him for a big downgrades and some forward prospects.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
So we save a whole 4.5 million while getting bent over in this trade? Yippee....
I think you’re discrediting the assets coming back.
Bracco and Hawryluk are almost a wash.
So Kadri for McCann and Heponiemi.
McCann can play a decent 2way game and could fill the 3rd center spot somewhat admirably, we get a decent prospect in Hepo and we save salary.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Sure...but we are a (current) playoff team, what good is trading Kadri for "could be"?

I guess the concept is you would unload Kadri at some point to save on his $4.5 million cap hit for the third line center position, and get some prospects who may come up after the Kapanen/Johnsson wave, keeping the cheap talent flowing as the core gets locked into bigger contracts.

If the Leafs were to ever trade Kadri, I'd look for something in the neighborhood of what Ryan O'Reilly went for, factoring in he's less productive but much cheaper.

Reactions: DougGilmour93

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Ummm no. You dont do that. You deal him for DMan.. you dont move him for a big downgrades and some forward prospects.
Imo, in order to get that dman we so covet, we’re going to need to deal the likes of Nylander. Probably gonna have to be Nylander +

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I think you’re discrediting the assets coming back.
Bracco and Hawryluk are almost a wash.
So Kadri for McCann and Heponiemi.
McCann can play a decent 2way game and could fill the 3rd center spot somewhat admirably, we get a decent prospect in Hepo and we save salary.
And we head into the playoffs minus Kadri and without a D upgrade....yay, capspace....

Reactions: Sundinisagod

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
And we head into the playoffs minus Kadri and without a D upgrade....yay, capspace....
Why wouldn’t we make a deal for a defensemen? Nylander can still be traded. If Dubas can’t see that he has to treat his players like they are assets than we should fire him already. He’s in the wrong line of work.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Ideally in my mind, we deal Nylander in a deal for Manson + (Jones?).
Then deal Liljegren + for Muzzin.
Then our 1st and Timashov for Ferland.
Then our 2nd in 20 + our 4th in 19 for Gudas.
And of course the Kadri deal.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Ferland
Marleau-McCann-Kapanen
Moore-Lindholm-Brown

Reilly-Manson
Dermott-Muzzin
Hainsey-Gudas

Anderson
Sparks

member 147413

Ideally in my mind, we deal Nylander in a deal for Manson + (Jones?).
Then deal Liljegren + for Muzzin.
Then our 1st and Timashov for Ferland.
Then our 2nd in 20 + our 4th in 19 for Gudas.
And of course the Kadri deal.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Ferland
Marleau-McCann-Kapanen
Moore-Lindholm-Brown

Reilly-Manson
Dermott-Muzzin
Hainsey-Gudas

Anderson
Sparks
I think we need to trade more players!

It’s fun to be an armchair GM, but not many teams shuffle this many deck chairs midseason.

Reactions: DougGilmour93

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Imo, in order to get that dman we so covet, we’re going to need to deal the likes of Nylander. Probably gonna have to be Nylander +

So then deal Nylander... You save money so you do not need to get bent over on a trade, and you keep the better player while saving more money.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Kadri
Bracco

For

McCann
Hawryluk
Heponiemi

As the Patient Panther said, if we're trading Heponiemi it must be for an upgrade at D. As of now, this does very little for us.

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Kadri
Bracco

For

McCann
Hawryluk
Heponiemi

no chance that happens from the leafs side...……...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad