Toronto Core Players During Big Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evergreen

Nylander doesn’t care, Matthews only cares about himself, Marner is afraid to get hit, and Tavares is too slow.

Just to be clear, I actually like the Leafs and wish them success. But the above is my sort of exaggerated explanation of the problems with these guys. Certainly I do think they have the ability to show up big time in playoffs and carry the team far.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Well Matthews and Marner have always wilted when the pressure ramps up, space disappears and teams play them tough. They're players that seem to care more about the name on the back of the jersey than the crest on the front.

It's no surprise that Toronto has trouble finding success when this is a duo that seems to run the organization as well. They are stapled to the hip, demanding that they play with one another at all times and Keefe apparently isn't allowed to hold them accountable as we've seen in the past when any criticism is immediately walked back. Tavares is an empty suit and not a leader who demands any sort of accountability. Nylander, actually, is the only one of the quartet who actually seems able to adapt to playoff style hockey.

As long as Matthews gets his 70 goals and Marner gets his 100 points and continues to cosplay referee, all is good in Leaf Land.

Reactions: MarkWheeler

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
OP has an obsession with the leafs, maybe someone should start a thread about Ottawa potentially losing Tkachuk within the year?

Another weekly leaf hate thread so all the haters can get their fix.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
@Adrianopolous during Leafs games

giphy.gif

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
They're over coached.

When games are tight they try very very hard to play in a way that they're opponent plays better at.

Leafs should be coached to run and gun only. Rotate Matthews/Tavares on 4C. Play Marner defense. Pull the goalie with the lead.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
I thought the narrative was that they showed up during big games during the regular season, but no showed against the bottom dwellers?

I'm genuinely confused, if they suck against the big teams, and suck against the bottom dwellers, how TF do they have the longest active playoff streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille