May 25, 2012
C-137
Last 5 years:

2020: Werenski missed 7 out of 70 games
2021: Werenski missed 21 out of 56 games
2022: Werenski missed 14 out of 82 games
2023: Werenski missed 69 out of 82 games
2024: Weresnki missed 12 out of 82 games

He has been injured 123 of a possible 372 games last 5 years (33%)

Jenner has also missed 15, 23, 14, and 24 games the last 4 years due to injuries

Both have been super injury prone

Werenski makes 9.5M. Having one great year in the last 5 doesnt make up for his unreliable production and he is not worth the money he makes

Your right I was wrong on Jenner his deal is only 3.75M

Thought he was making 5M+ for some reason.

He is worth his deal for sure

Still he is also quite injury prone and a risk to decline like Foligno did for the leafs.

Not a guy leafs should be targetting in a marner trade
Cool.

So we can just close the thread as neither side wants to do the deal

Reactions: hamzarocks

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I expected some of the answers here. I get it. Marner is legit a total loser when it matters. However, don’t be surprised that if we move him in the off-season, the CBJ comes calling, especially because they’ve already offer sheeted Marner before.
Your original offer is gross. This reasonable follow-up is based on an outdated notion as that offer sheet was pre-Gaudreau, not to mention pre-Laine and with a whole different roster construction in Columbus. I dig Marner as a player (acknowledging his playoff troubles), but he's not someone the Jacket are going to be looking to add in 2024.

Last edited:

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Offer doesn’t really make a ton of sense in that CLB has a lot of wingers. None are as good as Marner. But man. Laine/JG Marner is a lot of money on wingers.

Toronto doesn’t do this because werenski not good enough for that salary.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Still he is also quite injury prone and a risk to decline like Foligno did for the leafs.
Jenner only missed time this year because a puck hit him in the face. And a puck to the finger the previous year.

He misses games, but it’s not like he has an ACL that keeps acting up.

Foligno is still playing, maybe it was just the leafs?

Reactions: harv33173

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Last 5 years:

2020: Werenski missed 7 out of 70 games
2021: Werenski missed 21 out of 56 games
2022: Werenski missed 14 out of 82 games
2023: Werenski missed 69 out of 82 games
2024: Weresnki missed 12 out of 82 games

He has been injured 123 of a possible 372 games last 5 years (33%)

Jenner has also missed 15, 23, 14, and 24 games the last 4 years due to injuries

Both have been super injury prone

Werenski makes 9.5M. Having one great year in the last 5 doesnt make up for his unreliable production and he is not worth the money he makes

Not a guy leafs should be targetting in a marner trade
You weren’t only incorrect on the Jenner deal.

You state 1 good year in the last 5 for Werenski? 1 of those 4 bad years he had 20 goals in 60 odd games and 48 points in 68 games. You’re soo blinded by your homerism you can’t even do a simple player stat check to try and pass off the appearance you have any clue what you’re talking about. Pathetic

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
You weren’t only incorrect on Jenner deal.

You state 1 good year in the last 5? One of those 4 bad years he had 20 goals in 60 odd games and 48 points in 68 games. You’re soo blinded by your homerism you can’t even do a simple player stat check to try and pass off the appearance you have any clue what you’re talking about. Pathetic
That season is not worth anywhere mear the 9.5M he is making

He might have been worth 9.5M this year

Werenski makes insane money for a non top 10/15D in the league. Besides that he is often injured like I said above

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
How can we make this favor Toronto more?
The trade value is pretty fair actually when one stops to think about it but it involves the Leafs so a certain segment on here just loses their mind and objectivity immediately for some reason......

I also think that the Leafs could do better than this.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You weren’t only incorrect on the Jenner deal.

You state 1 good year in the last 5 for Werenski? 1 of those 4 bad years he had 20 goals in 60 odd games and 48 points in 68 games. You’re soo blinded by your homerism you can’t even do a simple player stat check to try and pass off the appearance you have any clue what you’re talking about. Pathetic
There is still a real buyer beware for both Jacket players here as players who consistently lose time to injuries year after year don't suddenly get more healthy in their late 20s.

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Should be spicy enough for a conversation. Think a big change is finally needed in Leafland.

To Toronto:

D - Zach Werenski
C, LW - Boone Jenner

To Columbus:

RW - Mitch Marner
D - Timothy Liljegren
C - Fraser Minten

Big fan of Werenski and Jenner, and the CBJ could use a trade to bring another regular season star to their market to try and make the playoffs. Could also make sense given the CBJ have a lot of bodies back there and this Jiricek kid projects to be the future. Would even add to the above too if that’s what it would take, something like Robertson or a 1st maybe. Flame away.
0% chance Marner waives his full NMC to play on a bottom 5 team.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Not happy with Mitch right now but not giving him and rhd away for what?

Werenski has been a complete bust in developinginto a 1D. Not the guy I'd want for 9.6 million dollars x another what 7 years? Toronto media would make this guy look like Phaneuf. You think that's a solution?

Boone Jenner? I mean he has a bit of grit and a cool name but given his age, contract and production we'd be running him out of town as soon as he has three bad games.

• Haha
Reactions: majormajor

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
IMG_4774.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: CanadienShark
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events