Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Chicago - 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hope Keefe changes things up tonight. Tavares looked out of place on the wing last night and ROR's style of play is better suited to the 3rd line on our team.

I would try this and share the ice time:

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner
Engvall-O'Reilly-Jarnkrok
Aston-Reese-Kampf-Acciari

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I hope Keefe changes things up tonight. Tavares looked out of place on the wing last night and ROR's style of play is better suited to the 3rd line on our team.

Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner
You would have to think they will give it more than a game to see if they can gel. At least until they can have some time to practice.

Did Tavares and ROR ever play with each for Team Canada?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner
Lines look good. Kerfoot has to go somewhere, his speed works better with the Tavares line. Never hurts to have two good face off centremen on the 4th line in case one gets waived out.

Kallgren in net I am guessing?

More trades to come?

This isn’t even our final form.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner
Out of all the combinations I was ok with, Keefe picked the only one I didn't want :laugh: I'd be happy with him with Matthews and Nylander or on the 3rd line. Just not a fan of him with Tavares and Marner. His skillset compliments the 3rd line and Matthews much more imo.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Would really like to see Woll in net again. Habs had 30 shots but it was a really low event game for them. Most shots from the outside.

Looked calm and comfortable last night.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
You would have to think they will give it more than a game to see if they can gel. At least until they can have some time to practice.

ROR played with JT and Marner on Team Canada before. That's probably the biggest reason why Keefe put him on the JT line.

Reactions: ACC1224

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019

Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner
They could
Also go JT at centre and ROR at LW see what is more effective before moving him to 3rd line Center

Reactions: Buds17

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

My concern is that they are both below average skaters. Not a good recipe for success in my opinion.

Reactions: horner and ACC1224

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Out of all the combinations I was ok with, Keefe picked the only one I didn't want :laugh: I'd be happy with him with Matthews and Nylander or on the 3rd line. Just not a fan of him with Tavares and Marner. His skillset compliments the 3rd line and Matthews much more imo.
Yeah, putting your 3 slowest forwards, 2 of which are notably slow, on the same line seems like a questionable decision.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto

Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner
I hear you, the only thing I really don’t like is Kerfoot in the top 6. But that exposes that we do need someone else there right :)

Reactions: Clark4Ever

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
These games are all important. 2 wins:losses between home ice and not. I doubt we go "full 18 wheeler" but it gives meaning to these games. So if I am Keefe, the buzzing the rooms probably crazy right now, let it settle and go back and look at last nights game and show how that could have been easily a 1 goal game against a playoff team. Hab's had so many blown coverages they would have needed a shrink wrapped governmental warning in the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad