Proposal: Toronto - Carolina blockbuster!

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Pure fantasy and would probably never happen, but what are your thoughts?:

Hurricanes get:

- Kadri 4,5M/yr 3yrs
- Nylander 6,96M/yr 5yrs

Leafs get:

- Brett Pesce 4,025M/5yrs
- Julien Gauthier
- 2020 1st
- 2021 2nd

Leafs get much needed cap-space + Pesce on a darling contract. Julien Gauthier is a promising prospect and 2 high picks to go with it. Hurricanes bolster their Top6:

Niederraiter - Aho - Nylander
Teräväinen - Kadri - Svechnikov

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Don't see Carolina doing this but Toronto would jump all over this. Pesce not going anywhere plus doubt they would want Kadri.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
This is terrible for the Leafs. But not based on the value so much, more based on what it does for the current team.

I like Pesce but the 1st and 2nd do nothing for this team (players maybe 3 or 4 years away, wasting years of the Tavares contract). and Gauthier is a hugeeee downgrade on Nylander and Kadri up front. Not enough to offset the difference Pesce would make on the back end.

Last edited:

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Not interested in Kadri. 2020 1st + 2021 2nd + Gauthier/Saarela/Roy for Nylander
How about picks 28+36+37 in this draft for Nylander+53. Why, Canes would do it they gain offense help by not giving up to much. Why, Leafs do it they shed almost 7 million and gain 3 picks to fill cupboards.

Last edited:

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
How about picks 28+36+37 in this draft for Nylander+53. Why, Canes would do it they gain offense help by not giving up to much. Why, Leafs do it they shed almost 7 million and gain 3 picks to fill cupboards.
Saarela + Kuokkanan + Bean + 28th

For

Nylander

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
I dont want Nylander to Carolina. I would take him as minus trade value due to contract. Maybe nylander + 3rd for 4th

Reactions: HoseEmDown

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
So no from both sides. Epic fail.

We aren't a roster player for draft picks kind of team.

Curious responses here. Canes wouldn't want Kadri, surprising but ok. Canes say no because they give up the best player...cause no team has ever done that before...

HF Gold

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
the classic buy low on Nylander after a year he was bound to not produce. He was the 48th most productive NHLer over his first two seasons, a top 2 offensive player an any team offensively based on statistics. The Leafs will not consider this

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I just don't see the point for TML...that's a team further from contention, though better built for the future.

I just don't see the value for Carolina. Either Kadri or Nylander would require a non-insignificant + to fetch Pesce alone.

Not interested in Nylander. His value remains overestimated, though substantial.

Would work a deal for Kadri...but not including Pesce. Not even remotely considered.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I don’t think the Canes would be shopping for both guys. One or the other of Kadri or Nylander I could see, but not both. A more “realistic” ask from the Canes in some sort of blockbuster would be a 2C guy (Kadri OR Nylander) and Kapanen.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I dont want Nylander to Carolina. I would take him as minus trade value due to contract. Maybe nylander + 3rd for 4th

Wait what?
Nylander is not Lucic.
I don't think he has the insane value some might be proposing but do you really think adding a 3rd with him returns a 4th? I mean that is pretty ponderous.

Reactions: TML1990

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
I think he will be considered similar value as Lucic a year from now after posting sub 30 point season next year.

Last edited:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This would IMO actually improve both teams. Trading Nylander and Kadri with Pesce coming in, would improve Leafs D a ton and also free up cap to sign Marner, Kapanen and Johnson. Whats not to like there?
By aquiring Kadri and Nylander, Canes would have 2 top-notch lines and I`d believe Nylander would thrive with Aho and Nieds. Kadri on 2nd would also bump down Staal to 3rd and make that better. Staal is better suited on the 2 lower lines anyway. Carolina has tghe cap and D to do the trade, even if the price is hefty and I`d say both teams improve by this. Leafs other option is loosing Kapanen, Johnso or Marner while not improving their D. Whats better?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I think he will be considered similar value as Lucic a yeat from not after posting sub 30 point season next year.
You’re probably trolling but I’ll bite. Skinner gets payed 9 million a season and Nylanders career high is only 2 lest then his with cap inflation and a potential breakout season his contract will start to look like a steal. Nylander on Mathews wing will be a PPG+ season for Nylander

Reactions: WillyNy

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
You’re probably trolling but I’ll bite. Skinner gets payed 9 million a season and Nylanders career high is only 2 lest then his with cap inflation and a potential breakout season his contract will start to look like a steal. Nylander on Mathews wing will be a PPG+ season for Nylander

Yeah but Babcock could babcock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad