GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo - TSN 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not optimistic about this one… the sabres no matter what state they are in brings in another gear against us :biglaugh:

Hopefully we clean up our game though been a while since I’ve seen a nice game
Thinking it should be a fairly easy win after Sundays Shit Show.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The biggest strength of this team is that we now have the best centers in the NHL. The biggest weakness is the bottom 6 is mediocre at best. Playing Tavares on the wing and using RoR as the 2C neutralizes our advantage and does nothing to fix our weakness.

I'm not even against doing this sometimes. Creating the optimal top 6 definitely has its advantages. It just shouldn't be the norm and rigidly stuck to

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
I guess it makes sense to stick with it for a bit to see how it goes rather than constantly changing it up and not giving chemistry a chance to develop but I’m super excited to try the spread over three lines option.

Something like:

Bunts. Matthews Marner
Kerfoot Tavares Nylander
Engvall OReilly Jankrok

(maybe switch 2LW and 3RW)

Til Knies gets here or we pick up another option.

OReilly and Tavares on the boards are fun to watch tho.

Reactions: Eric bungay

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

:facepalm: f*** off Keefe

options are center depth which would imply ROR taking tough match-ups, Matthews taking on oppositions' #1 D-pair; while Tavares line has to win their match ups.

OR

Play JT on wing; which is not a bad thing because JT's skating is slow and he can be better utilized on the wing IMO; but ROR isn't a fast skater either so personally I'd go with the 1st option and get it gelling asap before the playoffs

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Engvall-ROR-Marner (defensive match up line with offensive upside/ also i think engvall's shot is underrated he can shoot it)
Knies/*Trade piece - Tavares- Jankrok (this line has to win their match up and outscore opposition-> may be get Domi)
Zar-Kampf-Acciari

dump Kerfoot+ for a scoring winger (see if Domi can be had; he is 3AAV a pending UFA; we save 500K on kerfoot which we can use to bolster more depth for forwards or defense).

Options:
  1. Domi 3AAV (pending UFA)
  2. Nino (from preds) 4AAV signed till next year

Holl for Schenn is also something I'd be willing to do; or keep Holl and add Schenn; moving Kerfoot and additional 500K we save will definitely help with the cap. Leafs still have about 4M AAV in deadline capspace; Leafs should try to improve.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Bunting - Matthews - Nylander
(Kerfoot) - Tavares - Marner
Knies - ROR - Jarnkrok
Engvall - Acciari - Kampf

Rielly - Liljegren
Brodie - Sandin
Gio - [Schenn]

Sammy
Murray

I'd look to upgrade Kerfoot; but, I'm fine if they sign someone like Schenn. Holl just needs to f*** right the f*** out of here.

• Haha

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
I honestly don't hate keeping Tavares at wing for a while, because then we can at least see if it's a legitimate option and it gives more lineup flexibility because we can load up the top 6 or drop ROR down to the 3rd line depending on matchups. Tampa had Stamkos-Point-Kuch together for a while a few years ago I believe and even Colorado played Kadri on Mackinnon's wing so it's not too farfetched of an idea

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I don't understand Dubas' love affair with Keefe. How he hasn't been fired after his past few playoff performance blunders surprises me. He was outcoached and now again shows his incompetence.

We all roasted Babcock - but he was all about depth and spreading the offense. Sometimes I wonder where we'd be with Babs still lol - I genuinely think he was a better coach.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I don't understand Dubas' love affair with Keefe. How he hasn't been fired after his past few playoff performance blunders surprises me. He was outcoached and now again shows his incompetence.

We all roasted Babcock - but he was all about depth and spreading the offense. Sometimes I wonder where we'd be with Babs still lol - I genuinely think he was a better coach.

Somewhere far outside top-10 in goals against, still refusing to try any breakout besides the stretch pass.

On the bright side Matthews might be cheaper to re-sign with no Rockets to his name and he’d be fresher for the playoffs playing 18 minutes a night.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Thinking it should be a fairly easy win after Sundays Shit Show.
I hope so.

It’s a worrying trend of no first period… oh shit we are down!? Guess we gotta go and play

Or

Meh they got no one on their team to try… crap I was supposed to defend :laugh:

I hope we show up but keep it going for the next 30 till playoffs so it’s as easy breathing

Reactions: Racer88 and ACC1224

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Adding O'Reilly and Mitch to JT will help with his defense (as has pairing Willy with Matthews and Bunts has helped with his) so that's a plus. While JT-Matthews-Marner looks good on paper. The Columbus game 5 has scared me for life. The "superline" shut out in a pivotal must win game left me feeling destroyed. Don't mind trying it again with Mitch and Auston being better players now, but I'm iffy on it.

On the flip side Bunting - O'Rielly - Nylander is a very interesting trio. Not sure if it works but it would be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad