Proposal: Toronto and Vegas

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
you're underrating Brown & whoever of Johnsson/Kapanen/Leivo/Grundstrom emerges, and I doubt the Leafs management acquired a big name UFA to diminish the returns on what they already have - it'll be the 4th line whose minutes get hurt. Kadri will get a downgrade in linemates because he loses Marner, but will also get much better matchups

I'm also not totally certain Marner/Tavares will stick together. Marner and Kadri worked so well together and that allows them to roll three potent lines. I think if Grundstrom is ready he'll be on JT's left side, he works well with net front guys

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'm also not totally certain Marner/Tavares will stick together. Marner and Kadri worked so well together and that allows them to roll three potent lines. I think if Grundstrom is ready he'll be on JT's left side, he works well with net front guys
for sure, the leak of what Babcock's expected lines look like are not at all set in stone. I think they will hold Grundstrom back for a year to keep an extra year of ELC in place even if he's ready, we'll need the cheap reinforcements, but I think he slots in for Hyman eventually

Leivo has been exceptional with Kadri whenever they've played together too, he keeps getting forgotten about and unless he actually gets traded I think he's in the mix with JVR's offensive minutes being available. Leivo-Kadri-Kapanen or Johnsson-Kadri-Leivo would be a very nice 3rd line imo, covers Leivo's footspeed issues in transition with both Kadri and a speedy winger on the other side covering, and would have the potential to hem teams in their own zone where all 3 guys can finish

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Toronto receives: Colin Miller and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

Vegas receives: 1st round pick of 2019, Connor Carrick and Josh Levio.

Lines for TOR
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Brown
Martin Bellemare Kapanen

Reilly Miller
Gardiner Zaitsev
Derrmott Hainesy

Anderson
Sparks

Lines for VGK
Smith Karlsson Marchessault
Tatar Stastny Tuch
Lindberg Haula Levio
Carr Eakin Reaves

Theodore Holden
Schmidt Engelland
McNabb Carrick

Fluery
Subban

Who says yes? Who Says no?
This is an overpayment by Toronto. Miller is soft as hell and sucks at defending.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Colon Miller would get run out of town if he was put on the top pair. Extremely overrated player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad