Proposal: Toronto and Vegas

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
Toronto receives: Colin Miller and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

Vegas receives: 1st round pick of 2019, Connor Carrick and Josh Levio.

Lines for TOR
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Brown
Martin Bellemare Kapanen

Reilly Miller
Gardiner Zaitsev
Derrmott Hainesy

Anderson
Sparks

Lines for VGK
Smith Karlsson Marchessault
Tatar Stastny Tuch
Lindberg Haula Levio
Carr Eakin Reaves

Theodore Holden
Schmidt Engelland
McNabb Carrick

Fluery
Subban

Who says yes? Who Says no?

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We literally have another thread on the topic, and your offer is only marginally better - which still means absolutely shit for Vegas.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Vegas is looking to make themselves better not other teams. This is poo for Vegas, a decent pick and a couple meh guys that don’t do much for them. You would need to do better with things that help Vegas now and not just your own team now.

Reactions: Puckclektr

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Less should decline. Miller isn't worth giving up a first round pick.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
[...]

I can tell you who says no. Vegas. As well as Vegas fans. And any hfboards posters who give it a moment's thought.

Edit: to make better proposals in the future, try to do 2 things: 1- try to target a player that has a reason to be available. 2- offer a return that fits with the needs and direction of the other team.

(1) Miller has no reason to be available, as hes a good player and he's one of the few righties on the Vegas blueline. And (2) Vegas wouldn't be interested in a return of picks and prospects, as they are closer to winning than expected, have a stockpile of picks already, and have even traded picks for 'now' players like Tatar.

Last edited:
Reactions: KeonHorton

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

He definitely is, and this isn't great for Vegas. I don't see why Vegas wants futures for a legit top 4 caliber, young RHD anyways. They proved they were contenders last year. We're not good trade partners.

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Not close, I think the only way Vegas moves Miller out is if he's a piece for EK

I also like that a solid 4C was tossed in as chump change

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Right now it's Schmidt. Theodore has the highest upside by a fair amount. And I'd argue McNabb isn't far off from those three given his defensive ability.

I like Schmidt, he can skate like the wind, but Theo is better. Still can't believe the Ducks traded him away.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
He definitely is, and this isn't great for Vegas. I don't see why Vegas wants futures for a legit top 4 caliber, young RHD anyways. They proved they were contenders last year. We're not good trade partners.
He's a weak defensive player that gets easy zone starts. The leafs need the exact opposite of what he is.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina

You're a tough nut to crack. I see you saying no team would trade a #1D for Nylander or Marner, so you obviously hold defense as a position in high esteem. Here's a top 4 right handed defenseman, and he's not worth a probable late 1st? :thinking:

Reactions: go4hockey

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You're a tough nut to crack. I see you saying no team would trade a #1D for Nylander or Marner, so you obviously hold defense as a position in high esteem. Here's a top 4 right handed defenseman, and he's not worth a probable late 1st? :thinking:
He isn't a defense men the leafs should trade a 1 st round pick for. They should get someone who can plays a lot of minutes and can be effective in their own zone.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016

Lines for TOR
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Brown
Martin Bellemare Kapanen

Reilly Miller
Gardiner Zaitsev
Derrmott Hainesy

Anderson
Sparks

Lines for VGK
Tatar Stastny Tuch
Lindberg Haula Levio
Carr Eakin Reaves

Theodore Holden
Schmidt Engelland
McNabb Carrick

Fluery
Subban

kadri goes from marleau marner to fric and frac and 12 minutes a night he must be so happy.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

Lines for TOR
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Marleau Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Brown
Martin Bellemare Kapanen

Reilly Miller
Gardiner Zaitsev
Derrmott Hainesy

Anderson
Sparks

Lines for VGK
Tatar Stastny Tuch
Lindberg Haula Levio
Carr Eakin Reaves

Theodore Holden
Schmidt Engelland
McNabb Carrick

Fluery
Subban

yes

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
kadri goes from marleau marner to fric and frac and 12 minutes a night he must be so happy.
you're underrating Brown & whoever of Johnsson/Kapanen/Leivo/Grundstrom emerges, and I doubt the Leafs management acquired a big name UFA to diminish the returns on what they already have - it'll be the 4th line whose minutes get hurt. Kadri will get a downgrade in linemates because he loses Marner, but will also get much better matchups

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I like Schmidt, he can skate like the wind, but Theo is better. Still can't believe the Ducks traded him away.
Like I said, Theo has more talent. But judging the totality of the last season, Schmidt was better. I'm sure as soon as the first month of next season that will change.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
He isn't a defense men the leafs should trade a 1 st round pick for. They should get someone who can plays a lot of minutes and can be effective in their own zone.

There's the ideal move and there's the available move. If you can add an RHD who will at least afford you better breakouts and the ability to move Zaitsev/Hainsey down the lineup for just the cost of a late 1st and some spare change you do that every time.

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
Not close, I think the only way Vegas moves Miller out is if he's a piece for EK

I also like that a solid 4C was tossed in as chump change

Agreed. I think if people don't watch a lot of games and just look at PEB's stats they would be underwhelmed. The reality is that his presence in the locker room and on the ice is incredibly important to the team.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I can tell you who says no. Vegas. As well as Vegas fans. And any hfboards posters who give it a moment's thought.

Edit: to make better proposals in the future, try to do 2 things: 1- try to target a player that has a reason to be available. 2- offer a return that fits with the needs and direction of the other team.

(1) Miller has no reason to be available, as hes a good player and he's one of the few righties on the Vegas blueline. And (2) Vegas wouldn't be interested in a return of picks and prospects, as they are closer to winning than expected, have a stockpile of picks already, and have even traded picks for 'now' players like Tatar.

Agree with post above. I like this deal for the Leafs, but have no idea why VGK would offer it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad