Confirmed with Link: Toronto and Montreal to host 2015 and 2017 World Juniors

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/story/?id=425844

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports that the announcement will be that both cities will co-host the 2015 and 2017 World Junior Hockey Championship.

According to McKenzie, the 2015 tournament will see Montreal host the preliminary round and Toronto hosting the medal round. Then it's reversed in 2017 with Montreal getting hosting the medal round and the preliminary round played in Toronto.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Should be interesting. I wonder how many tickets will be left after Leaf Subscribers buy them up? (At least the good games.)

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
If you buy tickets to this make sure to go out of your way to attend a regular season CHL game at some point. Support the league that has fostered this event. It has gotten so popular, which is great, that the majority of actual Jr. hockey markets can no longer host it, which is not so great.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Can't wait to snatch up the tickets to Norway versus Belarus.

TMLOBI

Jul 22, 2010
Toronto
OHHH McDavid should be owning the tourny in 2015! Not sure who else will be there but I am quite confident he can take on most teams by himself.

DIrwin

Sep 25, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
I hope everyone can check out at least one game!

I live in Ottawa and was 18 when this city hosted the 2009 WJHC.

Probably the best experiences of my life!

I saw Canada dummy Germany 8-2, saw the amazing new years game where Canada beat USA 5-3 and there was that save Pierre creamed over.

I didn't see the Russia semi's game although that would have put it over the top!

And I was able to scalp top row 300 level seats(there's really no bad seats at the SBP) and got to see Canada 5 - peat :)

I don't think I'll ever forget what it was like, 20,000 people in red and white singing O' Canada at every intermission and winning the game. Never felt more proud to be from this country :) :yo:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Should be interesting. I wonder how many tickets will be left after Leaf Subscribers buy them up? (At least the good games.)

From an email this morning.

Hockey Canada, in collaboration with the Canadian Hockey League and your Toronto Maple Leafs announced today that Montreal and Toronto will co-host the 2015 and 2017 IIHF World Junior Championships.

Both cities will host one group's round robin at each event, with Toronto hosting the medal rounds in 2015, and playing host to Team Canada for the 2017 round robin.

While Hockey Canada will hold a lottery for tickets, note that as a valued Maple Leafs Season Seat Holder, you will be given priority access to ticket packages. We will communicate ticket package information as it is confirmed.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of your Toronto Maple Leafs Service Team at.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad