Proposal: Toronto - Anaheim

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
:ducks

Andreas Johnsson

:leafs

Max Jones

Johnsson really has no value to the Ducks. He's more of what the Ducks have and Jones should be what Johnsson is (a 20-30 point, bottom 6 forward) but is younger and fits the Ducks timeline better. Oh and doesn't make $3+ mil per year. He'd just be blocking a young guy from taking that spot. Ducks are missing elite talent, they have plenty of guys for the bottom 9, just no top line talent. There is less than no point for the Ducks to make this deal.

Reactions: Kalv and Elvs

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Johnsson really has no value to the Ducks. He's more of what the Ducks have and Jones should be what Johnsson is (a 20-30 point, bottom 6 forward) but is younger and fits the Ducks timeline better. Oh and doesn't make $3+ mil per year. He'd just be blocking a young guy from taking that spot. Ducks are missing elite talent, they have plenty of guys for the bottom 9, just no top line talent. There is less than no point for the Ducks to make this deal.
This. Close the thread

I could see Ducks interested in Nylander (long shot) and #15 OV pick, but that's about it.

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I've got to admit, while waiting for the thread to open I was expecting "Now that we've traded some of the players you wanted to Pittsburgh, how about 'this' really lousy offer for Manson a/o Rakell..."

Even so, an easy 'No' from Anaheim.

Edit: Oops, somehow I read Liljegren going to Pitt. instead of Lindgren - still no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad