Proposal: Toronto 2018 trades

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
All these deals are terrible for the team not named Maple Leafs.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
here are all the trades

The Matt Martin Trade

To ANA: Matt Martin
To Tor: 4th
It’s nothing personal, I’m just clearing cap space and a roster spot for the other stuff I’m doing. Sorry Matt :( Er, actually, I should say that the way Lou would say it.

LAMORIELLO: Sorry Matt.
—-
The Radko Gudas Trade

To PHI: RW Kasperi Kapanen + 2nd
To TOR: RD Radko Gudas

The Jean-Gabriel Pageau Trade

To OTT: RD Connor Carrick + W Nikita Soshnikov
To TOR: C Jean-Gabriel Pageau

The Michael Grabner Trade

To NYR: W Josh Leivo + 3rd
To TOR: W Michael Grabner

The Leo Komarov Trade

To DAL: F Leo Komarov + RW Jeremy Bracco
To TOR: RD Julius Honka

The Roman Polak Trade

To PIT: RD Roman Polak
To TOR: 7th-round pick

The Max Pacioretty Trade

To MTL: Andreas Borgman + Adam Brooks + 1st
To TOR: Max Pacioretty

Reactions: Kelly

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
here are all the trades

The Matt Martin Trade

To ANA: Matt Martin
To Tor: 4th
It’s nothing personal, I’m just clearing cap space and a roster spot for the other stuff I’m doing. Sorry Matt :( Er, actually, I should say that the way Lou would say it.

LAMORIELLO: Sorry Matt.
—-

Hard pass. We don't want your overpaid 4th liner. We have enough bottom sixers already and they make less.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The Parioretty trade is hilariously bad for Montreal.
The Honka and Pageau trades are also pure awful for Not Toronto.
Gudas is an idiot but he's also a top four defenceman and a RH besides. Cant see the Flyers doing that.
If the Rangers are blowing it up I think they'd get better than that for Grabner, dude has over 20 goals with almost nothing on the PP.
Martin and Polak are assets you add something in order to get rid of - especially with Martin's contract.

You try to add:
Pacioretty, Pageau, Gudas, Honka, Grabner, 4th and 7th round picks

while only giving up

1st, 2nd, 3rd, Kapanen, Carrick, Leivo, Bracco, Borgman, Brooks, Komarov, Martin, and Polak. The latter three are basically cap dumps at this point.

Pacioretty and Pageau on their own would command most of the pieces worth anything (1st+Kapanen+Carrick at least for Patches, 2nd+Leivo at least for Pageau)

To the box of shame with you, sir.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lmao thats trash. Have to think the whole article was a joke. Thats what the tone of it sounded like

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Would you trade Kadri for Bozak + 2nd?
pretty sure the poster is referencing the leafs version of "ryder, halak and a 2nd" . I am pretty sure back when Stastny played for Avs leafs would offer Bozak and a pick for him.

Out of those trades, the Polak for a 7th is a trade that isn't worth bitching about. Teams trade for pylons at the deadline all the time.
The Kapanen deal is also bad, he is not for sale. Gudas is a top 4 dmen but we are not looking to trade Kapanen. He is both going to be a great player and could serve to take the role of marner/nylander if either is traded (a minor chance that happens).

Agree the rest are poor for other teams fans both in value and reasoning

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Even if we assume the trades are reasonable, you can't just add 4-5 new players into a team. They'll never gel in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad