Torey Krug/Reilly Smith offer sheet?

georgegolfer11

Feb 10, 2015
Both players are RFA at the end of this year. Both are 23 and proven NHL players so it fits well with the rebuild going forward.

RW-Reilly Smith 58GP 10G 18A 28PTS Salary 1.4m
D- Torey Krug 52GP 11G 17A 28PTS Salary 1.4m

With Boston only having roughly 9 million in cap space as of right now for next year and almost a sure thing to resign Dougie Hamilton at at least 5 million per year, they really don't have much room. I know it's frowned upon to sneak in and try to get offer sheets signed but Boston is a team we will be fighting with for play off spots for years to come so why not put them in a tough spot salary cap wise. So would you sign them each to an offer sheet bridge contract of maybe 3yr 9m deal? It would cost us a 2nd round pick each in draft pick compensation but personally I think it would be worth it. From Torey and Reilly's perspective they must realize that this team is going in the right direction compared to Boston who seems at a stalled point.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com
Offer sheets equal massive overpayment and if successful you mortgage the future and likely create a situation if salary cap jail.

I wouldn't for these two situations

I'd rather look at the teams in salary cap jail and try to pick off two or three veterans who can help the young guys we have reach their potential

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: