Torchetti not being brought back

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Sad to see this brilliant strategist go. I mean, let's bathe in that outstanding intellectualism one more time. Here's just a snippet of that cerebral giant's work:

v1nzw.jpg

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I was going to say I didn't think it was that much worse with him, but then I looked at the numbers... 15% and 17.5%, vs. 18.8% and 24% the two years before?

Blech. How did he keep his job after last season?

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I was going to say I didn't think it was that much worse with him, but then I looked at the numbers... 15% and 17.5%, vs. 18.8% and 24% the two years before?

Blech. How did he keep his job after last season?

Some of that was the loss of Datsyuk and decline of Kronwall.
But yeah.
Let's also remember Babcock's powerplay was starting to fizzle too, before he brought in the coach who left with him to Toronto.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Lack of skill has a little to do with it, but also misusing a ton of players. Kronwall was ineffective to say the least, should have played Green the full 2 minutes. Frk has a nice shot but hardly ever lead to production. Mantha in the net front roll has been beaten to death. Hope the new PP coach brings in some fresh ideas

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Lack of skill has a little to do with it, but also misusing a ton of players. Kronwall was ineffective to say the least, should have played Green the full 2 minutes. Frk has a nice shot but hardly ever lead to production. Mantha in the net front roll has been beaten to death. Hope the new PP coach brings in some fresh ideas
Yep really feel Mantha should be a much more effective PP producer in a different role.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Keep in mind this season we actually started out with a very hot powerplay. I distinctly remember someone candidly telling me off for critizizing Mantha’s usage because we were 6th or something similar in the league.

After November, our PP really was putrid. The total percentage is generous

I personally think our reliance on Frk’s shot was a big part of the reason why our PP sucked so bad. We had 0 creativity. Frk has a good shot, but the amount of intercepted passes because other teams PKers knew where the pass was going was unreal, and despite it being a bullet, his shot accuracy wasnt anything special. We kept relying on Frk as if he was 08-09 Ovechkin when in reality he had a dozen goals

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Zetterberg and Nyquist were top 2 in PP TOI... and combined for 4 PP goals... that certainly doesn't bode well for whatever system we were running.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Zetterberg and Nyquist were top 2 in PP TOI... and combined for 4 PP goals... that certainly doesn't bode well for whatever system we were running.

Z at least racked up the assists and led the forwards in PP points. Nyquist only put up 8 pp points on the year. On the other end is Nielsen, averaging less than a minute a night on the power play, but still putting up 7 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad