Post-Game Talk: TOR @ WSH | 10/16/19 | 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm willing to give Hags more time to assimilate. He hasn't even played 30 games with the Caps yet.

giphy.gif
I would be more willing to buy this argument if his offensive game hadn’t been drying up with the last two teams he played for as well.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I would be more willing to buy this argument if his offensive game hadn’t been drying up with the last two teams he played for as well.

There's also the small detail that he's been in the NHL for a long time and ought to be fairly adept at picking up new systems by now.

BTW I'm not saying he isn't a useful player or anything like that, just that I like Vrana better on the second line.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
There's also the small detail that he's been in the NHL for a long time and ought to be fairly adept at picking up new systems by now.

BTW I'm not saying he isn't a useful player or anything like that, just that I like Vrana better on the second line.

To be fair, Hagelin and Panik aren't producing much offense on the third line... it wouldn't hurt to have an offensive player besides Eller in the bottom six.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
To be fair, Hagelin and Panik aren't producing much offense on the third line... it wouldn't hurt to have an offensive player besides Eller in the bottom six.
Sure, but at this point I'd be more inclined to give Leipsic a top 6 filler spot than Hagelin.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Sure, but at this point I'd be more inclined to give Leipsic a top 6 filler spot than Hagelin.

Sure Leipsic has been better but at least Hagelin has a long career of success, while Leipsic has almost none.

I'd like to give Hagelin some time to hopefully find his game... it would be one thing if we played Hagelin outside of his role but he's really not, just be that 2 way forechecker you've always been.

In the end I don't think either belong in the top 6 or maybe even the top 9, our middle six wingers are lacking this year.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Would be good to see a convincing win where they don't take their foot off the gas.

Sammy shutout wouldn't go amiss either - if Holtby takes the back seat for a few months to give himself time to sort out whatevers been eating away at his performance the past season(s?) then I don't think that be a bad thing.

WIN. Make the storyline that Colorado are hot shit, not that we're dog shit.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

You mean that offensive powerhouse, the LA Kings, where he played ~20 games?

Also, there are several reasons we got hairboy, and 'offensive game' wasn't in the top 3.

Besides, with Spicoli, Kuzy, and Willy all on one line tonight...someone is going to score. May not happen on the ice, but someone will score. :naughty:

Reactions: HSHS

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
My take on the lines is that there is so much suckage on the 3rd line wing, they need to figure out who is sucking the most by splitting them up.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
Looking forward to seeing how our pk works against another proper PP unit.

Also this should be an easy 2pts given the rest.... well that's how folk would look at it if the roles were reversed. Will be interesting to see if Caps come out hard early and if they can hold a lead vs a tired team in the 3rd period. A collapse in that scenario would be an huge warning sign for current state of the team.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
I hate to say it but I think this team is a bit too content after they won the cup. At least our vets. They got one and now it's almost like whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad