Proposal: TOR-WPG-CAR

PenderB

Jun 9, 2019
Like Nylander. Don't need Holl. Don't need Sparks. Not trading Pesce plus Kuollanan plus McKeown all for just Nylander. Personally, I wouldn't do Pesce straight up for Nylander without the leafs adding, but I could see our organization doing that, so I won't say never on that.
I wouldn’t trade Nylander for Pesce either but I have a feeling it may happen after July 1st when Nylanders bonus is paid. Potential 2nd part of the Marleau trade

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I think it will be Faulk for Kapanen. Kapanen’s signing bonus on the 1st is almost exactly the buyout paid by the Canes for Marleau.

That's coincidental.

The Leafs front-load contracts. Kapanen makes $4.4 mil because that's around the most he can make in the 1st year with that term and AAV. The are two requirements of frontloaded contracts: (1) the low year can be no lower than 50% of the high year and (2) the salary in any given year can be no less than 65% of the previous year. Kapanen makes exactly 65% of year 1 in year 2 ($2.86 mil).

The Leafs also hand out signing bonuses like candy. The maximum allowable signing bonus is the difference between the money earned during that year and the league minimum. The league minimum is $.7 mil in 19-20. Hence, Kapanen gets a check for $3.7 mil in a few days.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If the Jets are giving up Ehlers better not be for Kadri......he’s at best a lateral move to what we have. Ehlers is traded love it to be for Pesce......in fact I would go even Ehlers+ for him. Kadri, no thx. Pesce yes please.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
I think it will be Faulk for Kapanen. Kapanen’s signing bonus on the 1st is almost exactly the buyout paid by the Canes for Marleau.

Thats awful for Toronto. Faulk doesnt help the Leafs especially when hes got one year until hes a ufa.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Fair enough. I just think Toronto gave up a lot to get rid of Marleau ( and I don’ even like Toronto) and there is another trade coming between them

They did give up a lot but that’s what it costs. Why is anyone going to help Toronto out unless it benefits them in some way? Don’t get why some people are so sure it’s a precursor to another deal.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Please stop with the constant Pesce envy. He's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I want to feel bad for Canes fans, but honestly Im just glad they finally let go of the Manson fixation to pester someone else for a while

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad