Proposal: TOR-WPG-CAR

Troy

Nov 28, 2017
Winnipeg is not on Kadris no trade list, this trade obviously favours the leafs of course. Jets give up Ehlers, Canes give up Pesce and Fleury. While the only significant piece Leafs give up is Kadri, which would never fetch a top 3 defenseman like Pesce

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Why bring the Leafs into this to pollute the trade?

Ehlers for Pesce is the basis for a potential trade but this was discussed with Canes fans already for a bit.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Winnipeg is not on Kadris no trade list, this trade obviously favours the leafs of course. Jets give up Ehlers, Canes give up Pesce and Fleury. While the only significant piece Leafs give up is Kadri, which would never fetch a top 3 defenseman like Pesce

A 60 point C being paid $4.5M isnt worth Pesce? Trouba just went for a low 1st and a crappy dman
And hes a lot better than Pesce. Look at what Miller got. Im pretty sure Winnipeg is wishing they got Kadri for Pesce right now.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
A 60 point C being paid $4.5M isnt worth Pesce? Trouba just went for a low 1st and a crappy dman
And hes a lot better than Pesce. Look at what Miller got. Im pretty sure Winnipeg is wishing they got Kadri for Pesce right now.

How do people seriously try to use the return for Trouba as a basis for a potential return on Pesce?

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Winnipeg needs to add. With his cap hit vs production, Ehlers doesn’t bring that return.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016

Wait, you’re comparing the return for Trouba, who was one year away from UFA in a distressed situation to someone with a good value, 5 year contract?

WHAT?!

LMAO

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Nylander + Holl + Sparks

For

Kuokkanan + Pesce + Mckeown

Like Nylander. Don't need Holl. Don't need Sparks. Not trading Pesce plus Kuollanan plus McKeown all for just Nylander. Personally, I wouldn't do Pesce straight up for Nylander without the leafs adding, but I could see our organization doing that, so I won't say never on that.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
How do people seriously try to use the return for Trouba as a basis for a potential return on Pesce?

I know the situation is totally different but still, Kadri is most definitely worth Pesce. Everyone acts like Pesce is some prime piece but truth is hes a good #3 dman that can compliment a star offensive dman like Rielly. Hes not worth a star talent.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
I know the situation is totally different but still, Kadri is most definitely worth Pesce. Everyone acts like Pesce is some prime piece but truth is hes a good #3 dman that can compliment a star offensive dman like Rielly. Hes not worth a star talent.
Cool. We'll gladly keep our non-prime piece. If you've failed to notice, no Canes' fan has ever proposed a trade including Pesce.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Leafs trade proposals with Pesce are like some creepy dude at a bar hitting on a girl who keeps turning him down and then he gets mad and yells "Fine! You're not that pretty anyway!" only to come back 10 minutes later apologizing and asking for another chance.

Please move on and find another girl to annoy

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
If Carolina was willing to move Pesce for Ehlers+, the Jets can do this deal without Toronto. This is just wishful thinking from a Leafs fan

I mean I thought the Jets would want a center like Kadri rather than spending a 1st every trade deadline on a rental. But idk my bad

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I mean I thought the Jets would want a center like Kadri rather than spending a 1st every trade deadline on a rental. But idk my bad
Kadri isn't worth as much as Ehlers or Pesce and the Jets need a young top 4 D more than they need to make Little redundant.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Fine 55 point center. Happy?
He's hit 55 points twice in 9 seasons. Try again?

How about a hot-headed, undisciplined C that has had less overall impact in the last 4 seasons than Andrew Copp (based on Goals Above Replacement)?

upload_2019-6-29_17-52-14.png

If you want other comparisons, over the past 4 seasons:

5v5 points/60:

Kadri 1.65
Copp 1.48

And then you have the fact that Copp has been much better defensively over the past 3 seasons (see below):

upload_2019-6-29_17-45-40.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad