Proposal: [TOR/VGK] Leivo for Bellemare

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
He'd be a good fit on the Leafs for the fourth line. Not sure why Vegas would look to move him for a guy like Leivo who's going to need minutes to see what he has.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He'd be a good fit on the Leafs for the fourth line. Not sure why Vegas would look to move him for a guy like Leivo who's going to need minutes to see what he has.

Vegas has good centre depth and Perron+Neal have left, figured it might help balance them out more and save $

Seven0two

Apr 17, 2018
This may sound weird but I don’t think the Golden Knights would part with PEB at this point. He is one of the team leaders on and off the ice, is probably their best PK forward and I think emotionally sets the tone for the way the team plays. Maybe I’m overvaluing him a bit because he became one of my favorite players this year, but I really can’t see him being moved. Of course now that I said that watch him be a throw in on the Karlsson deal for some inexplicable reason...

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
This may sound weird but I don’t think the Golden Knights would part with PEB at this point. He is one of the team leaders on and off the ice, is probably their best PK forward and I think emotionally sets the tone for the way the team plays. Maybe I’m overvaluing him a bit because he became one of my favorite players this year, but I really can’t see him being moved. Of course now that I said that watch him be a throw in on the Karlsson deal for some inexplicable reason...

Couldn't have said it better.

Reactions: Seven0two

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Basically looking for a 4C that can handle limited minutes and be a PK star.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Our 4th line was our 2nd best line for half the playoffs and Bellemare was the biggest reason why. He's not going to be moved. I could see Eakin being available though.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Our 4th line was our 2nd best line for half the playoffs and Bellemare was the biggest reason why. He's not going to be moved. I could see Eakin being available though.

Salary would be too high, return expectations likely too high and not sure how he is as a PKer.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can Hyman play center still? That might be a tailor made solution, cones with the added benefit of giving Matthews or Tavares a more talented linemate

I don't remember ever seeing him play centre. I think he was pure RW until he made the NHL and played LW for Matthews all of a sudden.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I don't remember ever seeing him play centre. I think he was pure RW until he made the NHL and played LW for Matthews all of a sudden.
Played center all the way up to the AHL iirc, seems to have the speed and defensive prowess and takes the pk draws. Might be worth a try with lindholm as a safety net

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Meh I wouldn't hate it but I'm also apt to give Lindholm a shot. Based on what I've seen, he's decently fast, plays a bit physical, wins face-offs, and has some pretty good hockey skills on the big ice.

Should mention that Babcock brought up Lindholm on his own account when talking about center depth in a recent interview, which means that him and the org. have probably already comfortably slotted him as the #4C.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Basically looking for a 4C that can handle limited minutes and be a PK star.

Fair enough but why are you trading for one? You can sign Antoine Vermette, Matt Stajan, Derek Grant , Mark Letstu, Daniel Winnik plays all 3 forward postions

A trade is not needed

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Played center all the way up to the AHL iirc, seems to have the speed and defensive prowess and takes the pk draws. Might be worth a try with lindholm as a safety net

Maybe, I feel bad for Tavares lol.

Fair enough but why are you trading for one? You can sign Antoine Vermette, Matt Stajan, Derek Grant , Mark Letstu, Daniel Winnik plays all 3 forward postions

A trade is not needed

I like Winnik on 4th line wing more. Vermette and Stajan seem kind of done. I also kind of want to give Leivo a shot elsewhere, I truly feel he has 20 goal potential but needs to get in 82 games and at least top 9 ice time.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Salary would be too high, return expectations likely too high and not sure how he is as a PKer.

He's good defensively and on the PK, but has a severe case of stonehands syndrome. I agree he wouldn't make sense for the Leafs because of the high cap hit.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

A trade is not needed
sign winnik again and immediately trade him. That would have to be some kind of record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad