Confirmed with Link: TOR sign F David Kampf (2 years, 1.5M AAV)

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Kampf has been great all year tho.

And let's be clear - dubey blows me.
naU.gif

Reactions: Morbo

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Like any GM the results are mixed. on one hand you have Ritchie and Mrazek and the other Kampf and Bunting. but if he gets crapped on for the first he should be praised for the second.

Reactions: TMLAM34

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
As I said in my original post "come playoff time". The regular season doesn't matter and they haven't really been a line for awhile minus 6 on 5 last game, meaning Keefe thought the same thing as I did. There better separated and sure I could be wrong but as I said like 3 times already, its 1 great playoff game they played after practically 2 post seasons of playing like crap.

And again as I said, I don't care if I'm wrong, I want to win, but you don't win anything 3 games into a series. Lets just hope they play like that the rest of the series.
I think you said "there's a reason they haven't been a line all season"...they have been though. They were a line and a productive one for many, many games.

Keep in mind Mikheyev missed a lot, but if you look at the games he played, I would guess his most common line was with Kampf and Engvall.

I am not really sure what you are saying, but they have been a great line in the regular season and playoffs (one game, there only full game together).

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Like any GM the results are mixed. on one hand you have Ritchie and Mrazek and the other Kampf and Bunting. but if he gets crapped on for the first he should be praised for the second.
At least the Ritchie signing was rectified with the Lyubushkin acquisition.

Terrible: Simmonds, Clifford, Mrázek
Positive: Giordano, Kämpf, Kase, Bunting

The real test this summer will come when hes finally forced into breaking up the big four.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Agreed.

However, I admit it is a little concerning that his bigger ticket signings (Ritchie, Mrazek) were the negatives and his depth signings (Bunting, Kampf, Kase) were the positives....

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Agreed.

However, I admit it is a little concerning that his bigger ticket signings (Ritchie, Mrazek) were the negatives and his depth signings (Bunting, Kampf, Kase) were the positives....

It didn't help their deadline, that's for sure, and speaks more to Dubas being lucky than good in terms of the successes in this instance. Gio has been fine enough considering his age but more could have been possible with more cap space. Another scoring forward would be coming in real handy right now, wouldn't it?

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Even then, no one saw mrazek having the year he did. He’s historically been a 910-915 platoon guy, and has won rounds in the post season.
Ritchie was moved easily for a useful piece and has since produced in his new spot, sometimes players don’t fit on certain teams.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Kampf has been great all year tho.

And let's be clear - dubey blows me.

I hate to say I told you so after a crushing loss but you deserve it.

What did Mikheyev do after the goalie got put back in the net? 4 games, 1 assist -4. Missed glorious chances.

What did Engvall after the goalie got put back in net? 4 games, 0 points -3.

What did Kampf do? 0 points -2, took the penalty that got the game 6 melt down started. Missed 2 chances to keep the puck in resulting in the 1st goal of game 7.

I like Kampf but what did I say about them playing together? Line of Pylons come playoff time and besides them getting Empty net goals together what did they do as a line in the playoffs? Thats right, nothing

🥴

Hopefully next year we will make the right changes and be better

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
At least the Ritchie signing was rectified with the Lyubushkin acquisition.

Terrible: Simmonds, Clifford, Mrázek
Positive: Giordano, Kämpf, Kase, Bunting

The real test this summer will come when hes finally forced into breaking up the big four.
I'm kinda torn on breaking up the big 4 because I like them all and also even if the most logical one to be moved would be Tavares it would likely be Nylander that gets traded.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
So the only forwards we are losing next season are Mikheyev, Spezza and Blackwell.

Dubas has his work cut out to put together a roster better than this than can deliver... trades will HAVE to be made.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
I hate to say I told you so after a crushing loss but you deserve it.

What did Mikheyev do after the goalie got put back in the net? 4 games, 1 assist -4. Missed glorious chances.

What did Engvall after the goalie got put back in net? 4 games, 0 points -3.

What did Kampf do? 0 points -2, took the penalty that got the game 6 melt down started. Missed 2 chances to keep the puck in resulting in the 1st goal of game 7.

I like Kampf but what did I say about them playing together? Line of Pylons come playoff time and besides them getting Empty net goals together what did they do as a line in the playoffs? Thats right, nothing

🥴

Hopefully next year we will make the right changes and be better
Kampf helped us win 2 games. That's 50% of the required games. He stays. I like him. Those were clutch plays and he didn't need an empty net to do it.

Agree with you on those other 2 losers. We pointed out all year long they'd burn us when it comes to the playoffs. Everyone fell for their regular season show against watered down 32 team league. We already know they become soft when playoff intensity kicks in

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00