Confirmed with Link: TOR re-sign D Travis Dermott [1 year, 874K]

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Perfect! I had a feeling he was going to take his Qualifying offer!
If he has a great year he can elect salary arbitration and basically we get three years if he does. Even if he gets a really good award you can simply average it over these three years as a general manager with this year knocking down the average significantly. The cap hit last two of course is a issue. That said,they could go long term next year at something likely less than he could get in arbitration if he knocked it out the park with a excellent season this year

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
They're now about 1.05 over the cap which is just the amount buryable. Which would have me believe they'd bury 1 contract just over that and run 22. But they have no buryable contracts for players who might be other than Engvall but he's already buried in this scenario. 21 man roster it is I guess.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I thought Dermott wouldn't get much but I was thinking 1M, nice deal from Dubas and the front office

I don't think this is bad for Dermott either, it gives him a chance to prove he's a top 4D this season and go back to the well next off-season

Clearly the team wins but if Dermott is good so will he

Chief keefe

Sep 27, 2015
Mississauga
Thats fantastic value! Not even 1 million!

Time for Dermott to show what he's worth this season. Hopefully, he can comfortably play in the top 4 by seasons end
He is going to play in the Top 4 on the right with Muzzin to start the season! Bank on it ... Holl is likely gone before or during training camp for a pick (a 4th or 5th)

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Dermott
Sandin-Lethonen
Bogo
Lilly

This is 8 solid players if we ever need them. I suspect Lethonen and Bogo will be rotating to get Lethonen to learn the NA ice and to give Bogo some ice time. Lilly Plays in minors and gets called up when we need him to come in in case of an injury but Sandin is an NHL player. He is a Top 4 in the making. Lilly is too just too many glaring issues that are in line with the current leaf's offences defensive issues. Once he develops into the stud he is... We got a bottom pair in Sandin-Lilly that could be a second pairing if you need them. I am excited about our defence. These moves are so underrated right now

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

horner

May 22, 2007
Both of those contracts are much better
Mathews and Marner are 1 mil to much
Dubas should have let Nylander sit or traded him when he held out.

Dubas has finally grown some balls .
All of our players had better come ready to compete this yr .
If we don't win a round or to this yr big changes may be coming .
Iam hoping they all got the message from the kappy and Johnson trade.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
If Dermott proves he is a Top 4 D, they sign him to an extension next summer and find a way to protect him.
If not, he will be playing Seattle.

Reactions: BrainyBomber

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He is going to play in the Top 4 on the right with Muzzin to start the season! Bank on it ... Holl is likely gone before or during training camp for a pick (a 4th or 5th)

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Dermott
Sandin-Lethonen
Bogo
Lilly

This is 8 solid players if we ever need them. I suspect Lethonen and Bogo will be rotating to get Lethonen to learn the NA ice and to give Bogo some ice time. Lilly Plays in minors and gets called up when we need him to come in in case of an injury but Sandin is an NHL player. He is a Top 4 in the making. Lilly is too just too many glaring issues that are in line with the current leaf's offences defensive issues. Once he develops into the stud he is... We got a bottom pair in Sandin-Lilly that could be a second pairing if you need them. I am excited about our defence. These moves are so underrated right now
Holl ties up a spot beside Muzzy which could be used more for a training spot
Sandin would be great to learn under Bogo too but think thy will play Lehtonen
You don't sign guys like him and Barabanov and play them on Marlies it kills future deals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad