Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Matt Murray (25% retention), a 3rd in 2023 and a 7th in 2024 for Future Considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I regret going for a walk now. This trade is awful.

Reminds me of the Zaitsev deal. Sens fans thought they were getting first round picks and/or Nylander to take on Zaitsev and it’s nothing close. Sens fans are pissed because they helped us when we needed cap the most.

Now the roles are reversed and we thought we were getting a kings ransom to take on Murray when they need cap, instead we get a rancid king.

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If your ask me, Dubas just ended his career as a Leafs gm. This move is going to cost him and Keefe dearly

Goaltending decisions can royally f*** over GMs. It killed JFJ when he went from Raycroft to Toskala. Nonis went down in part because he wasted assets on Bernier who was at best a marginal upgrade on Reimer while not addressing the defence. This is a hell of a gamble by Dubas.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
I don't want to see anyone defending this peice of shit trade from this moron.

Firstly you trade firsts like f***ing candy. You jsut traded a first to get rid of a goalie who was signed for the same amount of term but 800k less and less of an injury risk. Murray for 4.6? Are you f***ing dumb kyle?

Jesus f*** this moron can't negotiate for f***ing shit.

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Were are dubas defenders that were thrilled giving up the 25pick to dump mrazek?? I loved Dubas but he lost it man, its over for him after next season if we are out after the first or second rd in the playoffs..only a conference final will save him

Reactions: Sniper99 and ER89

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What a strange all-in move for move for the Shanaplan. It's like a parlay bet on the goalie with the longest odds, on top of a team that has to win a round and a GM philosophy. I guess if the trade doesn't work out, there's a good chance the guy cleaning up the contract probably won't be Dubas.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
This just boggles the mind. Murray can win the Vezina next year and it still doesn't make this trade, today, on pure value, any better.

We know Ottawa dealt him to buffalo with the 7th for the 16th. The value jump in that is surely worth at least a late first. So how do you, as a GM, approach this deal, knowing that Ottawa is willing to give up about a 1st, and then settle for a 3rd.

Boggles the mind.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
This guy makes more then the following:
Andersen
Sorokin
Jarry
Allen
Raanta
And many many more
I can’t confidently say he’s better than any of them…

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad