Confirmed with Link: [TOR/OTT] Matt Murray (25% retained), 2023 3rd round pick, 2024 7th round pick for future considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Personally I hope Dorion does not screw up future trades and draft picks; however, I have no confidence that he will make good trades and picks in the future.

I would prefer someone else like McKenzie.
Mckenzie doesn't have a podcast. Friedman will just ask someone like Mckenzie. Not a big deal what reporter reports the rules.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good deal for PD to get rid of the salary, but unfortunately it's to a rival, hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Good deal for PD to get rid of the salary, but unfortunately it's to a rival, hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us.

I'm pretty sure that IF Matt Murray comes back to bite us he'll end up on IR for 6-8 weeks with a hairline fracture of the jaw and multiple lost teeth.

• Haha
Reactions: thinkwild

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm pretty sure that IF Matt Murray comes back to bite us he'll end up on IR for 6-8 weeks with a hairline fracture of the jaw and multiple lost teeth.
We'll see, when he was healthy he had several very good games, it's just staying healthy seems to be a problem for him like Colin White another guy who couldn't stay heathy.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
We'll see, when he was healthy he had several very good games, it's just staying healthy seems to be a problem for him like Colin White another guy who couldn't stay heathy.

It's a real possibility.

Matt Murray was obviously once a very good goalie. Recent years have seen very inconsistent play and a complete inability to stay healthy from him, so I'm thinking this is not a good gamble by Kyle Dubas and the Loafs.

Only time will tell though.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
He makes so many mistakes and spends so much time trying to fix them that it takes away a huge amount of time from taking actual forward steps.
Bringing in crap forwards and dmen and then trying to get rid of them, giving out ridiculous contracts and then trying to unload/buy them out.

That’s not what you want your gm spending the majority of his time doing.

Yes they can be expected to make some mistakes but not as many as he’s made especially of that magnitude.

I’m not giving him credit for repairing the car he keeps crashing.
He’s done very well without his co-GM around. I’m still nervous before any announcement but so far so good.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
They got rid of salary to us (Zatisev) and that did not bite them at all. Bit the hell out of us.
I meant hopefully Murray doesn't come back to bite us. Speaking of Zaitsev, would be interesting if he got shipped to SJ for Burns. I'd like Chychrun too but Burns wouldn't be terrible.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We can talk all day on whether or not Matt Murray was secretly good but either way it's undeniable Forsberg was better

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We can talk all day on whether or not Matt Murray was secretly good but either way it's undeniable Forsberg was better

Forsberg was unbelievable last year. Legitimately should have been in the Vezina conversation.

.917 SV% behind that terrible defense is extremely impressive.

Really hope he keeps it up and isn't another Hammond/Condon/Nilsson.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Man he really does look like Waluigi
waluigi-facts.jpg

Senovision

May 23, 2011

Matt Murray motivated to join favourite boyhood team: ‘I have a lot to prove’​

I don't think he had any interest in Ottawa from the get go. He got his way. He gets to play for the team he always wanted to play for. That's another reason why he nixed the trade to Buffalo. I think he knew he could get traded to the Leafs where he has wanted to be all along. Hopefully this move will fail and the Leafs will suck even more.
Good riddance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad