Speculation: [TOR/NYR] Bozak for Holden?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bozak is far better player then Nick Holden

No one goes out of way to acquire a guy like Nick Holden ,, He isn't very good unless something has changed drastically in NY

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Holden is underrated. Played 2nd most minutes on a pretty good rangers team last year and had amongst the toughest usage of all the dmen too. He's big and mobile. You're not trading for his fluke offense from last year but just for a pretty good and cheap top 4 dman.

meanwhile moving bozak makes for a probably upgrade at C for the leafs with nylander slotting in there, and a kapanen or leivo can probably replicate most of bozak's offense on a scoring line, too.

As a leaf fan i consider this. I try to get the rags to chip in a little more though.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Our bottom 4 defense becomes crowded...NYR need to add and Toronto might need a side deal to move on from some players.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I don't mind holden but then the leafs would have soooooooooooo many nhl ready or fringe ready players its absolutely crazy.

RangersBlue

Jul 14, 2017
Bozak is far better player then Nick Holden

No one goes out of way to acquire a guy like Nick Holden ,, He isn't very good unless something has changed drastically in NY

Bozak and Holden don't even play the same position so how can you base it off of that. Nick Holden was outstanding until the playoffs. He was great offensive and played well defensively. Rangers need a center. Toronto needs a D-man. It's going be Holden + a prospect for Bozak. The question is... can the rangers fit him under their salary cap?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Our bottom 4 defense becomes crowded...NYR need to add and Toronto might need a side deal to move on from some players.

That just may be it. Maybe the rangers do add but this one move could be to make room for a 2nd deal. Wouldn't surprise me if Lou pulled something like that off

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'd rather 2 2nd's than Holden + a meh prospect. Just not that high on Holden. I also think Bozak could fetch more at the TDL but either way, no one can really replace him internally (we could move Willy) but given Babcock is pretty rigid on his development plan- that move is a years away.

In the meantime, Bozak gives us a good FO top 6-middle 6ish C that can produce offensively, good for ~50-60 points every year. Doubt we'd move him for a player we don't inherently need (not a top 4D, we already have enough guys competing for the #3 LHD spot). Conversely, we don't have the C depth to replace Bozak in the top 9.
(mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Holden and a 1st?
Gosh. I really have to interest in him whatsoever. Ugh.
I'd consider it if we sent him to Robidas Island

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
https://theleafsnation.com/2017/07/17/tyler-bozaks-downtown-condo-is-up-for-sale/

Bozak just put his Toronto home up for sale, and Shattenkirk just got Nick Holdens number. There has been some speculation about these players being traded, the Rangers have a logjam at D and a gaping hole at center

Holden is a plug. I'll be pretty upset if the Leafs trade Bozak for him unless there is at least a 2/3rd added.

34 pts, blah blah blah. He's 30 and had 1 good year.
Don't forget, Kulemin and Clarkson scored 30 goals once...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's more likely that Holden gave up the number than the number being free because Holden is traded soon.

TMLFOREVER**

May 8, 2017
https://theleafsnation.com/2017/07/17/tyler-bozaks-downtown-condo-is-up-for-sale/

Bozak just put his Toronto home up for sale, and Shattenkirk just got Nick Holdens number. There has been some speculation about these players being traded, the Rangers have a logjam at D and a gaping hole at center

Oh Geezus. Bozak just had a kid. They already put the condo up for sale and already purchased a house in T.O

Bozak isn't going anywhere. He is a centre. If anyone leaves, it will be JVR.

Utter nonsense.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
JVR + Bozak + Marincin or Marchenko for Nash and Holden

this deal good enough to go straight?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Holden is pretty bad. I wouldn't consider this at all from the Leafs perspective. Giving up a strong #2 center for a bottom pairing dman?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
JVR + Bozak + Marincin or Marchenko for Nash and Holden

this deal good enough to go straight?

No. If JVR is dealt, it's likely for a piece that can help them longterm. Nash is not that piece. I don't think the Leafs would trade JVR alone for Nash+Holden

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
No. If JVR is dealt, it's likely for a piece that can help them longterm. Nash is not that piece.

I was looking from the perspective of Marleau going to C

I don't think there's a point to trading JVR or Bozak for futures as it impacts the team's competitiveness. We could certainly try out Leivo or Rychel... but I wouldn't want to bank on them. Would rather bank on Johnsson the year after.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I was looking from the perspective of Marleau going to C

I don't think there's a point to trading JVR or Bozak for futures as it impacts the team's competitiveness. We could certainly try out Leivo or Rychel... but I wouldn't want to bank on them. Would rather bank on Johnsson the year after.

Why would Marleau play C? He's a LW, and the leafs have plenty of centermen as is. I know Marleau was once a center, but he's FAR more suited for the wing.

As for the return, a long term piece doesn't have to mean futures. A younger defenseman that can slot in right now would fit that longterm plan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad