Proposal: [tor] nylander for [van] kuzmenko+

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Nylander is hands down the better player, it's not even a question. Nylander in a secondary role with the Leafs is just a tier below EP. From a Leafs standpoint I wouldn't touch a Nylander for Kuz swap.

Now it's 11 million lol. Just stop , your hyperbole is ridiculous. Keep kuz that's fine but Leafs have zero interest in a one year wonder shooting 26% as the swap for a top 10 RW in the NHL.
Top 10 RW?? If he is top 10 then why are Leafs trying to trade a top 10 RW in the league or their fans keep making proposals to trade him? You don't see Canucks fans trying to trade Hughes or Pettersson yet you see Leafs fans keep making trade proposals to trade Nylander. Why is that? I mean you say he is top 10 and then turn around and say Kuzmenko is a bust with no proof except pointing out that he has high shooting percentage lol
Leafs fans are so delusional. If Kuzmenko was on your team, you wouldn't even trade him for Nylander ++

Reactions: PettersonHughes

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Toronto would need to add a first to get rid of Nylander, and that's before getting anything of value back. He's proven to be unwilling to put in an acceptable effort in his own zone, doesn't care about winning, and quits on his teammates. Your don't want a lazy floater with character issues around developing players.

Reactions: bcbill

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Top 10 RW?? If he is top 10 then why are Leafs trying to trade a top 10 RW in the league or their fans keep making proposals to trade him? You don't see Canucks fans trying to trade Hughes or Pettersson yet you see Leafs fans keep making trade proposals to trade Nylander. Why is that? I mean you say he is top 10 and then turn around and say Kuzmenko is a bust with no proof except pointing out that he has high shooting percentage lol
Leafs fans are so delusional. If Kuzmenko was on your team, you wouldn't even trade him for Nylander ++
Please just stop, Nylander is twice the player and the only reason we are thinking of trading him is because we have a top 6 RW ahead of him. This trade though is terrible because we'd essentially be trading Nylander for a much worse version of him with no adds from the Canucks. Keep kuz and watch him fall back to earth when he's shooting at 11 or 12% lol.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
If im trading Nylander with his 11 million x 8 year extension then we need to have Quinn Hughes coming back with some major pluses. Maybe we could take a cap dump like Demko (retained) and a pick for Cup winner Matt Murray as well, just to further help the canucks retool and change their terrible salary structure.
Not even in your dreams

Reactions: bcbill

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
So as a devils advocate comment .. Are Leaf fans stating that if traded and surrounded by the same players in Vancouver that he ( Nylander )would maintain the same point pace, goal pace as he has with all that talent in Toronto ? and if staying in Vancouver Kuzmenko would most likely fall off ?

I've read four pages for the most asinine comments .. please continue .. it helps my work day go by quicker

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Please just stop, Nylander is twice the player and the only reason we are thinking of trading him is because we have a top 6 RW ahead of him. This trade though is terrible because we'd essentially be trading Nylander for a much worse version of him with no adds from the Canucks. Keep kuz and watch him fall back to earth when he's shooting at 11 or 12% lol.
No the reason you are trading him is because Nylander wants 10 million plus and you know most teams wont give him that and you want to trade him for Kuzmenko plus lots of added pieces too, while Kuzmenko makes 5 mil, is younger and more affordable. Why would Canucks take that Nylander contract or future contract that could possibly go south? At the end your team will trade a pending UFA in Nylander for a lot less than Kuzmenko straight up similar to Horvat. You might get a 1st round pick, a B prospect and a 3rd line forward for him during the deadline. We will keep Kuzmenko thank you very much and you can keep predicting how he will fall down to earth and become mediocre just like how you predicted the downfall of Pettersson and Hughes lol

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
So as a devils advocate comment .. Are Leaf fans stating that if traded and surrounded by the same players in Vancouver that he ( Nylander )would maintain the same point pace, goal pace as he has with all that talent in Toronto ? and if staying in Vancouver Kuzmenko would most likely fall off ?

I've read four pages for the most asinine comments .. please continue .. it helps my work day go by quicker
Its the delusional Leafs fans that keep hyping up their players like the next coming of Gretzky while predicting the players they trade for would be worth garbage and somehow Kuzmenko goes for m 39 goals to 2 goals and will bust lol. Its really funny to read and most Leafs fans are now considered Nostradamus when it comes to predicting the players future on other teams. I should ask them about what the lotto numbers will be next week.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Its the delusional Leafs fans that keep hyping up their players like the next coming of Gretzky while predicting the players they trade for would be worth garbage and somehow Kuzmenko goes for m 39 goals to 2 goals and will bust lol. Its really funny to read and most Leafs fans are now considered Nostradamus when it comes to predicting the players future on other teams. I should ask them about what the lotto numbers will be next week.
Haha yah! STupid blue leaf bad and dumb! Not big smart like you, nylander worth 10 million but why lef pay him 11 milllion haha dumb Leav maybe we give them myers cuz dumb leaves fan do bad trade all time.

266-2661801_wojak-caved-in-head-wojak.png

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Haha yah! STupid blue leaf bad and dumb! Not big smart like you, nylander worth 10 million but why lef pay him 11 milllion haha dumb Leav maybe we give them myers cuz dumb leaves fan do bad trade all time.

266-2661801_wojak-caved-in-head-wojak.png
Thats cute, is this how Leafs fans react when someone talks some sense into them??
Canucks don't need Nylander or any winger so I don't even know why this thread was created and why Canucks would turn around and trade Kuzmenko for a very expensive Nylander when they require cap space for D and 3rd C. Leafs are the ones that are desperate to create cap space, seeing as they are over the cap ceiling by a large margin. I don't see why teams would be willing to solve their cap problems and why teams would pay huge for a player that wants 10 million plus?? GMs arent dumb and they can see why Leafs want to trade Nylander if he doesnt take 8 million offer given by the Leafs, so why should other teams pay a huge premium for a chance to give Nylander 10 million plus when they could just wait this out and sign Nylander as an FA without trading picks and prospects?

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Thats cute, is this how Leafs fans react when someone talks some sense into them??
Lol yes, when somebody is so arrogant and hilariously incorrect at the same time, its usually met with ridicule. Knowings its "leafs fans!" as the trigger to your hilarious little rants just makes it all the funnier.

Some of you canucks fans (you especially) just cant help but go simple jackjohnson as soon as the scary blue team is brought up.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
I would be cool with offering our next 1st, and a choice of one of our secondary wingers.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Leafs fans, I'll just say I and most Canucks fans don't see the need for another scoring winger, especially 1 at that expected price point. Nylander is better than Kuzmenko at this point, so feel free to keep him, we'll keep AK who chose to sign with us and has worked out so far.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Leafs fans, I'll just say I and most Canucks fans don't see the need for another scoring winger, especially 1 at that expected price point. Nylander is better than Kuzmenko at this point, so feel free to keep him, we'll keep AK who chose to sign with us and has worked out so far.
100% reasonable and logical.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
If im trading Nylander with his 11 million x 8 year extension then we need to have Quinn Hughes coming back with some major pluses. Maybe we could take a cap dump like Demko (retained) and a pick for Cup winner Matt Murray as well, just to further help the canucks retool and change their terrible salary structure.
Leafs don't have any pieces that could get a Quinn Hughes, nevermind adding to it. Leafs fans are definitely delusional. I wouldn't even trade Hughes for Matthews right now, nevermind Nylander lol. Top line superstar C and 1st pairing D with elite offensive abilities are considered diamond in today's NHL based on how the draft went, so why would Canucks trade Hughes for a soft, overrated Winger? And if Nylander gets 11 million and 8 years, the Leafs would probably need to throw in a sweetner just to trade him to another team that could accommodate his full cap hit or retain salary.

Also Demko is not a cap dump. That is the stupidest thing I have heard here for a while. I bet you think Pettersson and Hughes are cap dumps :laugh:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I would be cool with offering our next 1st, and a choice of one of our secondary wingers.
I would not be cool with Nylander becoming our highest paid player and us being stuck with an 8 year, 11 million dollar per year contract. Would be the worst contract in the league after 3 to 4 years, once he finishes his prime and we would end up losing Miller or Pettersson in the process. No thanks, another soft winger which we have a lot of.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
"another scoring winger"

Kuzmenko had as many goals as the next 3 wingers on this team combined. We have quantity in tweeners, but an upgrade is very much needed. Certainly not at the expense of Kuz though, as it puts us right back to the same problem. We would be shedding 1 or 2 of our current wingers to fit him, so it's really not adding bodies to postition.

Nylander is a pretty big boi too, would work well with both our top C's
Lots of fellow countrymen here to make him feel at home.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The whole premise of this thread is dumb and should be deleted. Whats worst is Leafs fans thinking they will get a lot for soon to be UFA Nylander. Good luck with that, at best you might get a Horvat return, at worst you probably let him walk for free or sign him to a 12 mil per, 8 years contract :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad