Confirmed with Link: [TOR/NYI] Matt Lorito for Jordan Schmaltz

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Surprised they went through the trouble of acquiring him and then not auditioning him the same way as Borgman whom they gave up to get him.

gordonshumway

Sep 18, 2010
Schmaltz and Harpur were not very good and definitely not the depth they thought they were getting. They were dumped in "let's see if they can work for us" trades and they never really did that well.

And to say they were decimated with injuries isn't really accurate since it's only 2 injuries, both replaced by Sandin and Liljegren, as well as Marincin.

The Leafs also traded for Rosen.

Rosen is a decent pickup, was sad to see him go last year. Hopefully he gets a shot to play with the Leafs. As for our D, Sandin and Liljegren should probably still getting some Marlies time, didn't this regime claim that they wouldn't bring guys up too quickly? Sandin looked good but is only 19, not sure if this is best for his longterm development. When saying decimated, I meant that this season only Holl has managed to escape injury, everyone else in top 6 missed some time.

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don’t think any other teams will have two pages on a thread about their AHL players.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Me too!! Was Schmaltz so bad this year he could be dumped to make room for Hollowell and Duszak?
Schmaltz was awful for the Marlies. I'm sure this was intended to open up ice time for people who could possibly one day play for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad