Proposal: TOR-NJ

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I vaguely remember that the PA was planning on using the max escalator? Maybe I'm wrong, do you have a link to the latest stuff?

friedman touched on it in his 31 thoughts. players have the right to increase the cap by 5% (ish?)
no link, saw it during the intermission of the leafs game.

5% puts it at 85.5. The leafs would have about 20.5mil to deal with Muzzin/Barrie/Dermott/Holl and fill out the roster with 700k guys

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
As a Devils fan, I would happily retain 50% on PK if we're getting a quality asset back. The cap doesn't really matter to us for a while.

But I think he will need to perform a bit better before the deadline to get moved for anything this year. He hasn't been as bad as his stats look, but he also hasn't been a top pairing d-man. Vatanen is still our number 1, which is one of the top three problems with NJ.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I think Subban is perfect for Toronto, but I don't see NJ retaining that much. There's really no incentive for them.
Making the trade might be incentive enough. Obviously, depending on whether they want to trade him.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
friedman touched on it in his 31 thoughts. players have the right to increase the cap by 5% (ish?)
no link, saw it during the intermission of the leafs game.

5% puts it at 85.5. The leafs would have about 20.5mil to deal with Muzzin/Barrie/Dermott/Holl and fill out the roster with 700k guys

Ya, thought the players didn't like escrow, hence would not einvoke the escalator. Don't think the players did this last year?

Last edited:

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
We just rid ourselves of one locker room cancer in Babcock, why on earth would we want to pay 9 million to bring in another ?

Pietrangelo would be money better spent.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
We just rid ourselves of one locker room cancer in Babcock, why on earth would we want to pay 9 million to bring in another ?

Pietrangelo would be money better spent.
Typical of some Leafs fans (I don't know if you are one of those):

"Hurrah, we got Burke. The power of money !"
"Hurrah, we got rid of Burke"

"Hurrah, we got Lou. The power of money !"
"Hurrah, we got rid of Lou."

"Hurrah, we got Babcock. The power of money !"
"Hurrah, we got rid of Babcock."

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Typical of some Leafs fans (I don't know if you are one of those):

"Hurrah, we got Burke. The power of money !"