Proposal: (TOR) Nathan Horton, Connor Brown, Connor Carrick for (MTL) Shea Webber

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I am trying to be creative here.

I am not sure if MTL would like to take on Horton and his contract, but it could be used for other teams to be creative with. Possibly use it as a trade chip to PIT.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

I am not sure if MTL would like to take on Horton and his contract, but it could be used for other teams to be creative with. Possibly use it as a trade chip to PIT.

Shea's contract isn't a boat anchor for anyone except Nashville. He's still a very capable player. If Montreal opened up trade talks around the league, he'd fetch a lot more than that.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Well, the fact i would do it (and i don't want Weber at all) means the Habs certainly wouldn't.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Part of my intent is to open a conversation about how to use Horton's contract creatively, to see how MTL fans feel about Weber's contract going forward (re-building), how TOR fans feel about Weber, and how a team like MTL could use Horton as an asset/trade chip.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
3rd line forward, bottom pairing D, cap dump for an aging, expensive, injured but still very good Weber?

Leafs do extremely well.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Part of my intent is to open a conversation about how to use Horton's contract creatively, to see how MTL fans feel about Weber's contract going forward (re-building), how TOR fans feel about Weber, and how a team like MTL could use Horton as an asset/trade chip.

But...what? He’s on LTIR. He has no effect on the Leafs and would have no effect on any other team, other than paying his remaining salary.

Reactions: Mork
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad