Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs re-sign Frank Corrado (1 year, $600k)

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Also, most important thing in this thread - when did Frank stop going by Frankie?

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Also, most important thing in this thread - when did Frank stop going by Frankie?

Because like Prince, he's going to change his name to a symbol.

K5fvIhL.jpg

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
If Frank ever makes anything of himself, this is what he'll always be referred to as by me.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
one way deal, so anyone who claims him if he does go on waivers has to have him on their big club.

No, they just have to pay him like he's on their big club. He'll need to go through waivers again, Toronto would get first dibs though I believe.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
People are selling Frank short here.

He played fine with the Leafs, when you factor in he was forced to sit a ton of games before finally getting some game action, and that couldn't be easy.

He'll have a full Summer now focusing on the Babcock system, he has a great tool set.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
People are selling Frank short here.

He played fine with the Leafs, when you factor in he was forced to sit a ton of games before finally getting some game action, and that couldn't be easy.

He'll have a full Summer now focusing on the Babcock system, he has a great tool set.

Wasn't forced.
He was nursing an injury, and the team didn't want to play him until he felt he was entirely ready (then, if I remember right, when he said he was ready, he sat a few more games due to poor timing and the coaches not wanting to disrupt the chemistry they had).

The team, for some reason, just refused to discuss it while it was happening, so it seemed like they were sitting Corrado for no reason, claiming him just to kill his development.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
He had a good WJC (camp), and the hype train after that was at full speed, by more people than just Canuck fans.

One of the many examples of a player being overhyped because of the WJC.

edit: memory is failing me apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad