Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs re-sign Connor Carrick (2 years, $750k AAV one-way)

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
My future group is:
Rielly - Zaitsev
Gardiner - Carrick
Dermott - Marincin

Last edited:

willyjones

May 30, 2013
Very happy for him.. was a great addition to leafs and marlies last year. He reminds me of Ellis from Nashville, obviously he is still raw, but I think he will get to that level in the next few years..

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He did look good and I like his game, but he's small and I would like to see how he does after enough games that he's been banged around a bit before deciding if he's top-four or something else.

The contract is small enough to take a longer look-see.

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Carrick remind me of Dumba a little bit. I can see him having a similar overall impact if he takes that next step in his development

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Great contract, very good value on the cap hit, and he's still an RFA when it expires. I like Carrick a lot, he's IMO a good 3rd pairing dman already, with 2nd pairing upside. This is a good price for a quality 3rd pairing dman, and has the potential to become a steal for a #4 dman, if he can take that step over the next 2 years.

He's first and foremost an offensive dman (good vision, breaks out well, good shot and an above average skater), but I liked his compete and defensive play in his time with the Leafs last year, too. He's 4th among Leafs dmen in terms of my optimism for his future (behind Rielly, Gardiner and Zaitsev, but ahead of Dermott, Marincin, and all our other d prospects).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad