jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Would the Kings trade Roy?

I wonder if there's something around Leafs 1st + Samsonov + for Roy

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah if the Kings were to keep on their pre-all-star trajectory I could see them trading Roy, but with the recent uptick and fighting for the playoffs, there's nearly no way

Englund though, haven't had anyone ask about him. I get the sense they love him/the org loves him. Personally I'd rather have Moverare in there anyway so I'm all for it.

Like @Trash Panda says though Kings are completely bereft of LHD in the entire org though so it's a tough value match, I'm not sure what a fair ask even looks like

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Samsốnov has little to negative value
He would just be there to offset the cap but FWIW Samsonov has been pretty solid in his last few outings. Leafs would NEED an extension with Roy, or any defenceman for that matter, if they're moving their first. They have basically no assets so I don't see how that 1st can be used on a rental

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
He would just be there to offset the cap but FWIW Samsonov has been pretty solid in his last few outings. Leafs would NEED an extension with Roy, or any defenceman for that matter, if they're moving their first. They have basically no assets so I don't see how that 1st can be used on a rental
Many other teams will be able to outbid a late 1st and cap dump

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Would the Kings trade Roy?

I wonder if there's something around Leafs 1st + Samsonov + for Roy

Samsốnov has little to negative value

Offer is fair, but Kings would not trade Roy when fighting for playoffs.

1. Samsonov does not / should not have negative value anymore, he's been good since he had that stretch of time to clear his head.

2. I actually wonder if there is a trade to be made around these teams, they both were scouting one another yesterday

Roy and Kaliyev for 1st, Samsonov, Robertson?

Or

Roy (50% retained) Kaliyev for 1st, Jones, Robertson, 5th

I just wonder if the Kings get ahead of this now because they have Doughty, Clarke and Spence as RD they can play. Leafs could also throw in another depth defenseman if required.

Friedman mentioned I think twice this year in 32 thoughts that Kaliyev is on the outs in the Kings organization and Robertson is a California kid. Worked last time when the Kings got Moore.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
1. Samsonov does not / should not have negative value anymore, he's been good since he had that stretch of time to clear his head.

2. I actually wonder if there is a trade to be made around these teams, they both were scouting one another yesterday

Roy and Kaliyev for 1st, Samsonov, Robertson?

Or

Roy (50% retained) Kaliyev for 1st, Jones, Robertson, 5th

I just wonder if the Kings get ahead of this now because they have Doughty, Clarke and Spence as RD they can play. Leafs could also throw in another depth defenseman if required.

Friedman mentioned I think twice this year in 32 thoughts that Kaliyev is on the outs in the Kings organization and Robertson is a California kid. Worked last time when the Kings got Moore.
I think Kings would not trade Roy when fighting for playoffs.
Spence cannot replace Roy at this time.
LA will not trade Kaliev alone for Jones and Robertson.
Neither one of them are needed by Kings.
I believe these Toronto offers will not attract LA interest.

Reactions: Guitpik

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Kings would not trade Roy when fighting for playoffs.
Spence cannot replace Roy at this time.
LA will not trade Kaliev alone for Jones and Robertson.
Neither one of them are needed by Kings.
I believe these Toronto offers will not attract LA interest.
Why not on Robertson/Kaliyev swap? Just curious

17 pts in 35 GP = 0.48 pt/game pace and he just recently got 2nd PP time, playing 3rd line at even strength

Kaliyev has 14 in 38 GP = 0.37 pt/game pace, I know he was with Dubois for a bit, 4th line at times etc

Even as I kind of go through this, I might be talking myself out of the idea lol.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
:kings
Joesph Woll G 766k
Jake McCabe LD 2M
Kyle Clifford LW 762k
2024 NYI 3rd Rounder

:leafs
David Rittich G 875k
Matt Roy RD 3.1M
Arthur Kaliyev LW/RW 894k

Reactions: FSL KINGS

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Why not on Robertson/Kaliyev swap? Just curious

17 pts in 35 GP = 0.48 pt/game pace and he just recently got 2nd PP time, playing 3rd line at even strength

Kaliyev has 14 in 38 GP = 0.37 pt/game pace, I know he was with Dubois for a bit, 4th line at times etc

Even as I kind of go through this, I might be talking myself out of the idea lol.
Kaliev is much bigger player with much better shot.
Robertson has no place on Kings roster.

Reactions: Guitpik

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I mean at this point with limited cap space a. Roy and Kaliyev package could be attractive to a lot of teams. Hell maybe add Talbot/Rittich as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad