Trade: [TOR/KC] Whit Merrfield for Samad Taylor and Max Castillo

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
The Royals could have traded Merrifield for a ton 3-4 years ago. A rude awakening here. Samad is 16th on Jays list.

The Jays play next in Toronto on the 12th so Merrifield has time to get the shot.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
man, merrifield's value really fell didn't it

taylor is toronto's #16 prospect and castillo isn't ranked

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Nothing against the BJ’s but I hope he remains unvax’d for the drama

Health wise almost no point getting it now, so matter of how bad does he wanna play playoff baseball….

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Toronto's GM being quite cryptic today. I mean they could not have made this deal without being sure he'd get vaccinated right? You wonder if Merrifield either lied to KC management or KC management lied to Toronto

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Castillo has had a big breakthrough season this year and is the better prospect of the two at this point. A year younger than Taylor and already throwing well in MLB.

Reactions: Thucydides

BG82

Jan 25, 2008
Niagara Falls
Toronto's GM being quite cryptic today. I mean they could not have made this deal without being sure he'd get vaccinated right? You wonder if Merrifield either lied to KC management or KC management lied to Toronto
Put your tin hat away and be realistic. He obviously agreed to get vaxxed.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i have a really hard time believing toronto would've traded for merrifield if they had even the slightest concern that he wouldn't get vaccinated

Reactions: Thucydides

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

A 33-year-old second baseman who can't hit isn't worth much.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Merrifield said a month ago he would consider getting vaccinated if it was for a contender.

Besides, I suppose they could "technically" just have him play games in the US. Would obviously not be ideal especially come playoff time but better than nothing.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wonder how they intend to use Merrifield

4 months ago he would've been their obvious starting 2B, but I find it hard to believe they brought him in to displace Espinal

How's Merrifield's defence in the OF?

It's hard to justify having Bradley Zimmer on a Major League roster at this point, so maybe Merrifield is intended to replace him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad