Proposal: TOR/EDM/CBJ

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
*If CBJ can't resign Panarin and/or Bobrovsky

:edmontonJosh Anderson, Jeremy Bracco
:leafsDavid Savard
:cbj2019 1st (TOR), 2019 1st (EDM, top 10 protected), Andrej Sekera (agrees to waive NMC)

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
*If CBJ can't resign Panarin and/or Bobrovsky

:edmontonJosh Anderson, Jeremy Bracco
:leafsDavid Savard
:cbj2019 1st (TOR), 2019 1st (EDM, top 10 protected), Andrej Sekera (agrees to waive NMC)
Wrong name to include after yesterday lol.

I'm sure lots who were sleeping on Bracco had a little eye opener so I bet Bracco value will have suddenly sky rocketed.

Not sure how the trade works for the leafs cap wise long term btw.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Wrong name to include after yesterday lol.

I'm sure lots who were sleeping on Bracco had a little eye opener so I bet Bracco value will have suddenly sky rocketed.

Not sure how the trade works for the leafs cap wise long term btw.

I wish, but, a prospect's value doesn't suddenly skyrocket after a strong performance at a prospect's game. Especially a prospect drafted 3 years ago.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Absolutely not from CBJ. Not trading roster players for picks.

If they cannot sign Panarin or Bobrovsky and decide to go on a rebuild, they can surely afford to trade Savard. They have Jones, Werenski, Murray, Nutivarra, and Anderson is probably easy to replace. Besides, 3 firsts in a strong draft is solid.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I wish, but, a prospect's value doesn't suddenly skyrocket after a strong performance at a prospect's game. Especially a prospect drafted 3 years ago.
It does skyrocket to his actual value from a very low percieved value because of posters with shiny toy syndrome.

Many leaf fans had practically given up on Bracco it seemed to me. Certainly didnt value him as a 2nd rounder like where he was picked and what his value is now I'd say.

The guy has an incredibly high ceiling.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
I don't think Savard coming off a down year is worth a 1st and a prospect to Toronto. And now is not the time to trade Bracco, he'll be getting a much bigger role with Marlies this year so we should have a better idea of his potential next summer.

I'm thinking (I guess it isn't really a 3-way trade anymore):
Edmonton: Anderson
Toronto: Savard
CBJ: 2019 1st (TOR), 2019 2nd (EDM)

Sekera probably doesn't get included as a cap dump with these changes. Toronto maybe throws in a lesser prospect.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Jackets likely won't attempt a rebuild or re-tool even if Bob and Panarin leave.

Korpisalo may be good enough to be a solid starter. And they keep talking about how they posted 100 points the year before they got Panarin.

Not saying they will succeed. I'm just relaying where management's mindset is.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Not sure why the oilers do it. There is a good chance that pick could be a high pick and even protected--are the two pospects worth a 1st?

Sekera is done and will be on the LTIR so no need for the oilers to move to free up space--it is already there

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The Jackets wouldn't really be rebuilding in any circumstance. They're already the youngest team in the league and they'll aim for competitiveness regardless of what happens with Panarin and Bob.

And if they were rebuilding, they'd need better value than this. Savard is worth closer to a #10OA than a Leafs late first rounder. Anderson might be worth about where the Oilers 1st is, maybe more if it's not close to top 10. Most teams would be pleased if they got a Josh Anderson quality player out of a mid-first.

I don't think Savard coming off a down year is worth a 1st and a prospect to Toronto. And now is not the time to trade Bracco, he'll be getting a much bigger role with Marlies this year so we should have a better idea of his potential next summer.

Sekera probably doesn't get included as a cap dump with these changes. Toronto maybe throws in a lesser prospect.

A Toronto 1st + Bracco isn't worth very much at all. Savard, even if you take his value at his down year, is still a valuable piece to CBJ and would certainly be a second pair RHD upgrade for the Leafs. Savard's minutes away from Jack Johnson show a pretty consistent second pair D - and those guys don't come cheap.

Reactions: Viqsi

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Not sure why the oilers do it. There is a good chance that pick could be a high pick and even protected--are the two pospects worth a 1st?

Sekera is done and will be on the LTIR so no need for the oilers to move to free up space--it is already there
Anderson is not a prospect - you may be thinking of the Avs defensive prospect Josh Anderson.

And this deal assumes that Sekera comes back after he heals. If he can remain on LTIR then the Oilers keep him and don't add as much in the trade.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012

I'll take Savard at that price.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'd be open to trading our 1st for David Savard. Not sure if I want to give Bracco up in the deal though. However I have valued Bracco higher than most since his draft year. I had him ranked in the teens entering the draft.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
A Toronto 1st + Bracco isn't worth very much at all.

I agree that Bracco doesn't have a tremendous amount of value in a trade right now. I just think the Leafs are much better off waiting to see how he does in a prominent role with the Marlies than moving him now when he's not worth much.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The CBJ have a shit ton of great goalies in the pipe and we were fine the year before we had panarin so all that does is clear like 15mil from our books to bring in offense... there is no rebuild when you are the youngest team 8n the league the last 2 years and have been top 3 in the division both years.

It seems people still think this is the like 08 cbj

Reactions: Viqsi

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Here come all of the Kapanen Bracco + 2nd for your decent 2nd pairing RHD.

Savard would garner quite a bit of interest on the market... 3 x 4.25AAV for a RHD with his skill set would be highly sought after and would land a very good prospect+ (if the Jackets were re-tooling). The Blue Jackets might consider this type of return if Savard was in the last year of his contract and the Jackets thought they wouldn't be able to sign him.

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
The CBJ have a **** ton of great goalies in the pipe and we were fine the year before we had panarin so all that does is clear like 15mil from our books to bring in offense... there is no rebuild when you are the youngest team 8n the league the last 2 years and have been top 3 in the division both years.

It seems people still think this is the like 08 cbj

You might want to look at last year standings.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Here come all of the Kapanen Bracco + 2nd for your decent 2nd pairing RHD.

Savard would garner quite a bit of interest on the market... 3 x 4.25AAV for a RHD with his skill set would be highly sought after and would land a very good prospect+ (if the Jackets were re-tooling). The Blue Jackets might consider this type of return if Savard was in the last year of his contract and the Jackets thought they wouldn't be able to sign him.
I don't think we need a RHD anyway. If Lilj can start picking his spots better he looks like he has a shot, plus that Russian Ozhiganov looks like the big hard hitting RHD we need. On top of that we are very deep off the roster. Brooks,Grundy, Bracco, Sandin, SDA etc all look like they will be NHLers in some fashion. Its a good time to be a Leaf fan!!

Reactions: zar

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Bracco has been marinating nicely. All signs are positive in terms of his progression. He will be relied on and get a ton of opportunity this year. Don’t be surprised when he puts up a ton of points this season. Expect him to be knocking on the door as soon as next year. Maybe then this poisonous trade forum will wake up to the fact that Bracco is a legit prospect.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
Bracco has been marinating nicely. All signs are positive in terms of his progression. He will be relied on and get a ton of opportunity this year. Don’t be surprised when he puts up a ton of points this season. Expect him to be knocking on the door as soon as next year. Maybe then this poisonous trade forum will wake up to the fact that Bracco is a legit prospect.
Lol all y'all prospect are legit prospect:laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad