Proposal: [TOR/DAL] Defense Swap

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think its inability or unwillingness to keep it simple when he needs to. Hanley and Fedun are clearly AHL players and they know their defencies . So they stay within themselves and don't take any risks.

Honka seems like he just can't cut out the risky stuff for a while and its often not very worthy risks but dumb risks. He'll walk the blueline for no reason and lose the puck leading to a three on two for the opponent or something . Fairly often he doesn't even move backward properly. Here on this play where Heiskanen catches a Sharks player. Can anyone explain to me what #6 Honka tried to do there ? If Heiskanen didn't move back to well thats a clean break .

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Your d-partner drives the boards down low.. so why are you flat footed on the blueline on the right side? Slide into the middle and prepare to get back.

Honka is bad.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
A year ago I'd have been all about this. Only thing is that the leafs have a bevy of puck moving defenceman. Imho, I'd rather see borgman on the leafs but the left side is actually decently deep on the leafs d (not amazing defensively, but deep nonetheless). Value is fine, but the fit is not.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Your d-partner drives the boards down low.. so why are you flat footed on the blueline on the right side? Slide into the middle and prepare to get back.

Honka is bad.

Think he might've just changed on and was moving into the play which is why was not visible prior but he didn't exactly get into the correct position to be any useful.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Think he might've just changed on and was moving into the play which is why was not visible prior but he didn't exactly get into the correct position to be any useful.

From what I remember of that play, he was on the ice from the draw.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
From what I remember of that play, he was on the ice from the draw.

Well doesn't matter anyway. The point was Honka has brainfarts that make you go "WTF Julius ?" pretty much every game. Maybe its a mental block now but Stars aren't exactly in the business of giving a guy who regularly make dumb plays and has brainfarts unlimited chances. When Hanley went out i thought maybe Honka leaned something from sitting in the pressbox but no in the Avs game he directly caused the GWG for Colorado with another inexplicable brainfart .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Well doesn't matter anyway. The point was Honka has brainfarts that make you go "WTF Julius ?" pretty much every game. Maybe its a mental block now but Stars aren't exactly in the business of giving a guy who regularly make dumb plays and has brainfarts unlimited chances. When Hanley went out i thought maybe Honka leaned something from sitting in the pressbox but no in the Avs game he directly caused the GWG for Colorado with another inexplicable brainfart .
I disagree. I think they would let him play through these brain farts if he was producing offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad