Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Michael Hutchinson for Calle Rosen

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm pretty sure we brought Hutch to relieve Frank in games like this. He did it successfully tonight. Didn't look perfect, but who cares. The goal he let in was pretty ugly from him. He did make one great save on a breakaway TBH.

I hope he can still find a career in goaltending outside of NHL next year.

Reactions: unitedstars87

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
He's not good, so you guys aren't missing out when he wins a game for us. The team in front of him basically tried to protect him like Carolina did with Ayres.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Hutchinson this year, especially at the beginning of the year, has been pretty horrible. However, Hutchinson on a normal day isn't that bad. In 2018-2019, he was a decent backup for us, and he had some good games sprinkled in this year, at least when he was starting. Super glad he's gone, but one would expect him to rebound in the other direction at some point.

That said, he only faced 18 shots and very few high danger chances from arguably the worst team in the cap era, so I don't think it means much.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Hutch is a very nice guy by all accounts. Happy for him, hopefully he can bounce back in Colorado.

Reactions: The90

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I remember the Joe Colborne watch/trolling Tweets, etc. It turns out he wasn't an NHL superstar, and nothing the leafs should regret.

Now we are doing Hutchinson watch?

:nono:

Reactions: Loosie

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Give it another game. Did you see the goal that went in? What a stench.
I mean he got the job done. Avs have had a tough time closing out periods this year. A lot of goals in the final minute leading to momentum changes. Hutch made a massive breakaway save to end the second to prevent that from happening again.

You can hate him for his period in Toronto all you want, but he just accomplished more by winning that game for Colorado than Calle Rosen would ever accomplish on the Avalanche. Yes it was against Detroit, but with Grubauer, Rantanen, Kadri, Makar, Burakovsky and Calvert missing that was actually a huge win for the Avs. Hutch was a big reason why it happened. If Hutch never plays another second for the Avs, Sakic still pulled a W out of his hat on that trade from Colorado’s perspective. Rosen falling out of favor and even dropping below a handful of AHL guys likely means he was never going to skate in the Avalanche lineup again.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I mean he got the job done. Avs have had a tough time closing out periods this year. A lot of goals in the final minute leading to momentum changes. Hutch made a massive breakaway save to end the second to prevent that from happening again.

You can hate him for his period in Toronto all you want, but he just accomplished more by winning that game for Colorado than Calle Rosen would ever accomplish on the Avalanche. Yes it was against Detroit, but with Grubauer, Rantanen, Kadri, Makar, Burakovsky and Calvert missing that was actually a huge win for the Avs. Hutch was a big reason why it happened. If Hutch never plays another second for the Avs, Sakic still pulled a W out of his hat on that trade from Colorado’s perspective. Rosen falling out of favor and even dropping below a handful of AHL guys likely means he was never going to skate in the Avalanche lineup again.
The breakaway save was top tier I give you that one...

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The breakaway save was top tier I give you that one...
FTR I’m not saying Hutchinson is a great or even a good goalie lol. I’m saying he he has already justified the price of the trade and did a great job (through a small sample size) in doing his part helping the Avs get through this tough stretch of injuries.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
FTR I’m not saying Hutchinson is a great or even a good goalie lol. I’m saying he he has already justified the price of the trade and did a great job (through a small sample size) in doing his part helping the Avs get through this tough stretch of injuries.

I don’t think you can say Sakic won this trade and Dubas lost it (if that's what you're implying). Leafs are not going to miss Hutch at all. Leafs got a warm body they needed for D who likely won’t see any ice time in the playoffs. You guys got a warm body for backup goalie who won’t dress for any playoff games either. Very minor win-win for both sides.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don’t think you can say Sakic won this trade and Dubas lost it (if that's what you're implying). Leafs are not going to miss Hutch at all. Leafs got a warm body they needed for D who likely won’t see any ice time in the playoffs. You guys got a warm body for backup goalie who won’t dress for any playoff games either. Very minor win-win for both sides.
Never suggested the Leafs lost it. Hutchinson serves no purpose for your franchise. He was as likely to ever play a game for the Leafs again as Rosen was for the Avs which was very minimal.

All I’m saying is you can hold your laughter.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad