Confirmed with Link: [TOR/COL] Michael Hutchinson for Calle Rosen

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Well if he can have a similar impact I holl (5/6 defender) it's not all bad.

Rielly-XXX(Barrie?)
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Ceci

Would be alright to run if we make the playoffs. Have sandin/lilijgren/Rosen as step up options in case someone sucks ass or gets injured.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I thought Rosen was supposed to jump in like Zaitsev and earn a job right away, but that never happened. Never seemed like he was really in their plans at the pro level and he didn't even get much of a sniff in Colorado...

That said, if re-acquiring Rosen means they are abandoning the Marincin experiment, they have my full blessings.

Also a massive bonus to send Hutchinson packing.

Reactions: crump

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Good minor deal for depth. Rosen is a better insurance policy then Marincin, plus helps out the Marlies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I thought Rosen was supposed to jump in like Zaitsev and earn a job right away, but that never happened. Never seemed like he was really in their plans at the pro level and he didn't even get much of a sniff in Colorado...

That said, if re-acquiring Rosen means they are abandoning the Marincin experiment, they have my full blessings.

Also a massive bonus to send Hutchinson packing.
Have to wonder if he didn't get a spot because Babcock wanted it that way.

Rielly _______
Muzzin Holl
Sandin Liljegren
Rosen

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Is he playing with the leafs or marlies? Would rather have him then Marinncin.. and what’s wrong with gravel why don’t they give him a look ?

gravel is garbage why would they give him a look? I get the grit angle I can understand the want for it but it needs to be able to play in the nhl. Otherwise give Colton Orr a contract there wasn’t many grittier than him

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Didn’t Rosen play right side with borgstrom when they both first played for the leafs? If I’m remembering correctly that’s a good depth piece that can play both sides.

One thing is for certain hutch wasn’t going to suit up on d or g so we essentially traded nothing to get a depth dman

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Is he playing with the leafs or marlies? Would rather have him then Marinncin.. and what’s wrong with gravel why don’t they give him a look ?

Keefe said he'll start with the Marlies for now but who knows in a week or two or three.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
...Colorado wouldnt have it either.

A few things about that though. Rosen did not need waivers, so unless he was clearly the better player, it made sense for him to get sent down over others. Colorado's defense has been pretty healthy, with I think only like 20 games played by guys outside of their top 6 this year. Graves has been a revelation this year as well. Went from waiver wire to legitimate 4/5 option in one year... Which I guess is not much different than Justin Holl here.

He definitely looked like bottom pairing quality with us last year, and was an AHL All-Star under Keefe. I imagine we can fashion a quality #6/7 guy out of him at least.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Gravel has been hurt for most of the year, and hasn't been amazing when healthy. Marincin is the better defenseman between the two.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
With the acquistion of Calle Rosen, the Leafs have 4 of the top 50 defensemen for points/minute this season. ..of course Leaf's lucky if even one isn't hurt.
33rd Jake Muzzin 1.24
42nd Tyson Barrie 1.19
43rd Morgan Rielly 1.17
50th Calle Rosen 1.15

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Liked Rosen in his limited minutes against the Panthers.

IMO there is a place in our lineup for him with our current depth. In a perfect world he was a RHD but I thought it was brilliant choosing to play 7 D Thursday night.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
With the acquistion of Calle Rosen, the Leafs have 4 of the top 50 defensemen for points/minute this season. ..of course Leaf's lucky if even one isn't hurt.
33rd Jake Muzzin 1.24
42nd Tyson Barrie 1.19
43rd Morgan Rielly 1.17
50th Calle Rosen 1.15

I actually like Rosen but let’s pump the brakes on a guy who just finished his 17 NHL game last night. Guy has less NHL experience than Rasmus Sandin.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Ya I was shocked we got him back just for Hutch, which is basically a bag of pucks. Even just as a depth D for injury call ups, this is a big win. Hutch is done.

Surprised he didn’t get a regular spot with the Avalanche this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad