Proposal: Tor-Chi

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
- Marner poor playoffs
- 1 year from UFA
- Nearly 11M cap hit
- Full NMC

Limit market for Marner

Tkachuk- poor playoffs. 1 year from ufa needing a contract. Would only sign with 5 teams with 3 (stl. Carolina. Florida) being realistic.

Had to go for 9.5 million. (Leafs could retain)

Tre got a 100pt winger. Top pair D and 1st.
Hubby has been terrible. But event then

A 50 pt winger. Top 4 D and a late 1st would be a minimum. reasonable for Marner.

Like nelson. Pulock 18th

Probably more like a 1st and good legit player

(Mercer and a 1st kinda deal)

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Fans will always be biased against players, especially after seeing Marner's playoff performance. It's easy to say he's ass and not worth much.

Front offices aren't as emotional, however. If Marner is indeed put on the market, I see considerable interest in him. Both Kypreos and Friedman have both alluded to that already in the last week

Leafs should be able to get a good package back.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Toronto needs good roster players, picks/prospects aren't what we are looking for in a potential Marner trade.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Fans will always be biased against players, especially after seeing Marner's playoff performance. It's easy to say he's ass and not worth much.

Front offices aren't as emotional, however. If Marner is indeed put on the market, I see considerable interest in him. Both Kypreos and Friedman have both alluded to that already in the last week

Leafs should be able to get a good package back.
His bonus is paid July 2nd and then he is owed $750K for the year. For a team desperate to make the playoffs that has currency.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Hawks would need to be able to talk to Marner and his agent before trade to work out extension

To :hawks
RW Mitch Marner (Extended)

To :leafs
C Colton Dach
Hawks 2024 2nd round pick (#34)
Hawks 2025 1st round pick (No protections)

Hawks extend Marner adding him to improve NHL team and look towards moving from getting from point A (Rebuild) to point B (Playoff contention) in coming years

With Hawks draft capital (Currently have 5 1st round picks + 8 2nd round picks over next 3 drafts) and a good prospect pool (Nazar, Moore, Rinzel, Del Mastro, etc) the team is on right track to begin process of improving and looking towards exiting the darkest part of rebuild timeline.

Leafs collect future package and free nearly $11M in cap room to look to strengthen other parts of team. For them this is clean break as they shakeup core and locker room

Doesn’t make any sense

Would make more sense to make the 2024 a 1st. Marner is a 4th OA pick, who has panned out and is in his prime

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Doesn’t make any sense

Would make more sense to make the 2024 a 1st. Marner is a 4th OA pick, who has panned out and is in his prime
Marner is a rental on a 10.5 M caphit and NMC. It will be difficult for the Leafs to get the value you are asking. Chicago just says no thanks. They are in a rebuild and don’t need to be making these kind of deals.

Reactions: viceroy

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Marner is a rental on a 10.5 M caphit and NMC. It will be difficult for the Leafs to get the value you are asking. Chicago just says no thanks. They are in a rebuild and don’t need to be making these kind of deals.

And the 4th overall is a lottery ticket that hopefully turns into a Marner in 7 years

What’s your point?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
And the 4th overall is a lottery ticket that hopefully turns into a Marner in 7 years

What’s your point?
Lottery picks likely to turn i to a star player in 3 to 4 years. Hawks rebuild will be 4 years. Marner is nneeded. Hawks stay the course. That’s the point!

Reactions: viceroy

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tkachuk- poor playoffs. 1 year from ufa needing a contract. Would only sign with 5 teams with 3 (stl. Carolina. Florida) being realistic.

Had to go for 9.5 million. (Leafs could retain)

Tre got a 100pt winger. Top pair D and 1st.
Hubby has been terrible. But event then

A 50 pt winger. Top 4 D and a late 1st would be a minimum. reasonable for Marner.

Like nelson. Pulock 18th

Probably more like a 1st and good legit player

(Mercer and a 1st kinda deal)
Tkachuk had a player profile which was more valued I would say and if his style transitioned to the playoffs it would be worth the risk

He was also only 24/25 when dealt vs Marner who will be 27/28 which does lower the value

Still do think your closer to his value then other team fans

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Lottery picks likely to turn i to a star player in 3 to 4 years. Hawks rebuild will be 4 years. Marner is nneeded. Hawks stay the course. That’s the point!

Lucas Raymond is not on Marner’s level, he was the 4th pick 4 years ago. I wouldn’t trade him straight up for Marner

Luke Hughes rookie season wasn’t as good as Marner’s, he was 4OA in 2021

Marner did actually score 90+ points in his 3rd year

Get real

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Lucas Raymond is not on Marner’s level, he was the 4th pick 4 years ago. I wouldn’t trade him straight up for Marner

Luke Hughes rookie season wasn’t as good as Marner’s, he was 4OA in 2021

Marner did actually score 90+ points in his 3rd year

Get real
Marner is paid 10.5M and his next contract will be more. That caphit, he better be a 90+ point player.

Hawks ate better iff building the right way. They won’t give up significant assets for Marner.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Marner with an extension would be the best trade chip the Leafs have by far this offseason, and they should be using their trade chips to add the kinds of players that they're going to need if they want to win a cup.

His extension may make him a 13mil guy. Limited market for that kinda hit.

All of these things were true at the time of the Tkachuk trade as well outside of the NMC

On the other hand Marner is toilet paper soft whereas Tkachuk is all sandpaper. I have zero confidence that FLA would be doing as well in these last two playoffs if you replaced Tkachuk with Marner.

Chicago probably isn't top of his list given how long of a rebuild Chicago is in for.

I think Marner would be willing to play in the KHL if the price was right. Say 15 million. Him, his Dad and his agent Darren Ferris don't care a lick about the Cup other than how it would raise his value for his next contract.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Team needs a retool on roster construction and cap distribution and has for about 3 years
ie. Team needs players with compete and who don't play like soft pansies in the post-season. Leaf fans want to get rid of Marner because they know they can't compete with him post season.

Who is Marner gonna waive for? I doubt its a rebuilding team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
His extension may make him a 13mil guy. Limited market for that kinda hit.

On the other hand Marner is toilet paper soft whereas Tkachuk is all sandpaper. I have zero confidence that FLA would be doing as well in these last two playoffs if you replaced Tkachuk with Marner.

I think Marner would be willing to play in the KHL if the price was right. Say 15 million. Him, his Dad and his agent Darren Ferris don't care a lick about the Cup other than how it would raise his value for his next contract.

I mean sure everybody has a "f*** it" price where they will go PURELY for the money, but given where Chicago is in their rebuild I still don't think they are his 1st choice all things being equal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad