Confirmed with Link: TOR/CHI - Richard Panik for Jeremy Morin

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Pretty much an AHL deal nowadays. Panik might be able to do something if he gets called up. Morin is been bouncing around in deals like Rundblad.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
I liked Panik. Not sure I see the point of this deal, but I guess it's a lateral move at worst.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I dont know a whole lot about Morin. Seems like a bit of a lateral move?

Bit of a lateral move for sure. Morin was a scorer who didn't pan out for the Hawks. I think they got him out of Atlanta as part of the Byfuglien deal?

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Panik fell out of favour with the new regime relatively quickly, he wasn't having a bad season with the Marlies though was he? I know nothing about Morin at all.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Interesting.

Panik seemed to be doing well in the Minors.

What are Morins numbers like?

Negligible in the NHL, hovering a little below PPG in the AHL. I suppose he's a AHL reinforcement with a tiny bit of NHL upside remaining? They didn't seem to like Richard Panik very much. Maybe Morin is a better fit.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Leafs continue to get smaller, not sure how I feel about this trade, but I hope MLSE surrounds these skilled kids with some size.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
I dont think you can find two guys with more similar trajectories than Morin and Panik -- same age, same draft, good WJC performances, and have bounced between the AHL and NHL for the last 5 years. Both still have NHL abilities

I would say Morin is more of a natural goal scorer, while Panik is more of a big body, but other than that its like for like

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Fair warning, we're just going to get Morin back as an ancillary part of a bigger trade this upcoming offseason. That's what we do with him after trading him, apparently.

champs*

hmmmm, odd... panik was usually playing on Willie line with Levio.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Change of scenery type trade?

Maybe both teams are hoping a fresh start could kickstart them into an NHL career? At worst it's a lateral scoring depth move for the Marlies.

Or it's supposed to be a symbolic type trade that Leafs clearly aren't Panik'ing right now....
:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad