Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CHI] Chad Krys for Kurtis Gabriel

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Kurtis Gabriel will be nothing more than depth in Rockford. If you look at Chicago's dmen depth in Rockford it's atrocious. Stans picks have not come close to expectations.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
What's the point of this?

The unsexy part of being a GM is making sure you have enough players on your AHL team. Leafs recalled Biega/Rubins due to injury, so the Marlies had to call up a couple ECHL defenders yesterday to replace those guys. Now Krys can take one of the AHL D spots. Slight bonus with Krys being on the USNTDP with Anderson/Woll/Hellickson.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
Love the deal for the hawks. Not a great fighter by any means average player for a enforcer but he knows his role. How he played last year and doing the stare down at the blue line before the game was a great old school move. If he was great at fighting it would be better but at least he's willing and he is a big body. Krys wasn't going anywhere.

Tvillewr419

May 17, 2019
This is the hawks response to Trouba disintegrating Khaira...they went out and got a supposed tough guy who can't play and once was 1 punched by Vince Dunn in the minors. This is a prototypical hawks move...react not act and then poorly at that.

what a mighty one punch it was by a guy half his size too

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Gabriel from all accounts is a very solid dude and he does a lot of good work in the community. When he wasn't fighting on the Sharks last year, he was pretty invisible, which isn't terrible for an enforcer.

If it makes the Hawks feel better, there are definitely worse options.

Reactions: Gilles Meloche

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
I'm just more surprised that Gabriel is still in the league, for a guy who is supposedly an enforcer he sure gets his butt whooped in scraps alot.

Reactions: north49er

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
what a mighty one punch it was by a guy half his size too

Believe me I know....I was there and saw it first hand. Gabriel walked across the concrete and grabbed Dunn as they were heading to their rooms and threw a partial punch and Dunn jacked him with one right in the jaw...dropped him right there, funny thing is they were showing them heading to the rooms on the jumbotron and showed the whole sequence to the crowd in Chicago. I'm sure you can guess the reaction.

Reactions: Tvillewr419

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
He was, but no point when 6'7 Logan Stanley and the Jets are scared to drop the gloves and just hide behind the ref anyway

Anyways, meh deal. Good for AHL D depth, nothing major.
You mean, they used THE same tactic as Matthews so what are you whining about

Reactions: north49er

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Chad Krys is a complete bust. I remember the Charlie brown chorus hyping up this kid like he was the next Duncan keith.

Dale Tallon did a incredible job building up chicago and Rockford with so much talent and depth.

He was wrongfully fired imo just so Scotty Bowman kid could take over . Stan literally walked into a dynasty and destroyed it. 11 years after receiving his promotion and countless foreseen mistakes, you can finally see just how far behind chicago is in terms of any actual depth or talent.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Geeze Chad Krys hey???

i remember a few years back i drafted him in my keeper leagues back when he was in NCAA thinking i found a gem that would eventually be a good NHLer

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If I was an owner I would trade for Gabriel just for having him bring his GF to any and all team functions....
" Hey who is that sweaty fat bald older guy that is always at team functions?"
" Nevermind honey , he is the owner. Just close your eyes and pretend he is not there"

But for real , his GF is ummmm..... wow .
His dad is Peter Gabriel and wrote a song that is fitting for his sons lady.

Kidding again

Reactions: Taylorst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad