Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CGY] TOR acquire David Rittich [50% retained] for 2022 3rd Round Pick

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Good add with Freddy out. If he plays well maybe consider a tandem next year if they can't get a guy like Ullmark.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bad News: not really an upgrade on Fred

Good News: this means that Fred's caphit is no longer an issue for us and we have $3.5m in capspsce left, enough to get anyone.

Good News: the fact we paid extra for all these retention means Dubas is gonna use that $3.5m.
This was mentioned after the Foligno deal. Dubas paid a premium for retention which is what cost him a 1st. Probably a reason for that.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Is it possible to move Andersen for anything? If so it will have been a good trade dealine weekend for the Leafs.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
He does seem like he's pissed most of the time :laugh:

Hpz7K6v.gif

I like players that play with emotion. Shows that they at least care a little.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Freddie won’t be back

Per my post a couple of days ago, he shouldn't be back. It benefits both parties this way.

First, there isn't a goalie controversy this way. Just accept that the team is much better in front of Campbell. No drama or distraction.

Second, for Freddie he can now become a UFA and let it be known that he tried to work through his injury but it didn't pan out. He gets healthy and a team takes a shot at him for a two or three year deal knowing how great he was just two years ago.

That's how I would play this if I were him. Dubas and the team have decided that Campbell has earned it. Rittich is the backup plan and can provide days off.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Not my preferred target, but a solid move nonetheless. Adios Andersen.
I was hoping for Khudobin for playoff insurance minimum and also exposing him in the expansion draft to entice The Kracken away from Holl also. They take him we still have Holl,They take Holl we still have a Tandem.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Mirtle is just now realizing that his sources work for dubas, not for him.

The reason Mirtle isn't committing to an answer, is because there isn't one.

They currently have $2.1M in LTIR cap space, and need $1.8M of that space to activate Fred from LTIR.

As of right now, they have enough room to activate him if he's back before the playoffs.

Another move tonight/tomorrow, and they don't have that room anymore.

Hence, "TBD", or To Be Determined.

It's the most accurate response to the current situation

Reactions: The Cobra

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
That's awesome news. This is probably the best Leafs team I've seen in a long, long time. I'm glad to see Dubas is going all in. Toronto is 9-0-1 in their last 10 games, been first numerous times in the entire NHL and have been first in their division for a long time.

No Boston, no Pittsburgh, no Caps to worry about in the first two rounds.

As a realistic Leafs fan, I'm not scared of the Leafs facing Montreal, Edmonton or Winnipeg in a seven game series. The Oilers have zero forward depth outside of McDavid and Leon D. A 39 year old goaltender won't take them to the promise land.

Habs have what, Price? He can't even stop a beach ball right now. Allen is decent, but not decent enough to worry me.

The only team I'm a little leery of is Winnipeg.

What a great season this has been, very fun to watch unfold.

I have NO complaints as a Leafs fan right now.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Forwards and goalies look deep.

How much faith does Dubas have in Sandin and Liljegren?
Not to much gut he likes their depth also. He might not want to rush them but would be comfortable in a pinch i bet. Sandin is back from injury now so lots of time to get comfortable with the Marlies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad