Proposal: Tor & Cbj

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Toronto: Kasperi Kapanen

Columbus: Josh Anderson

Kappy is a skilled forward built for speed. Shakes up Columbus forward base a bit while getting a couple years younger.

Anderson is really struggling to start the year but he gives the leafs a big power forward they don’t have currently.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Toronto: Kasperi Kapanen

Columbus: Josh Anderson

Kappy is a skilled forward built for speed. Shakes up Columbus forward base a bit while getting a couple years younger.

Anderson is really struggling to start the year but he gives the leafs a big power forward they don’t have currently.
Please leaf fans stop with the one dimensional skilled forward proposals for other teams just as skilled, but tougher players to play against, players with some heart. We get it, your team has some skill, but soft as butter, with zero heart.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Please leaf fans stop with the one dimensional skilled forward proposals for other teams just as skilled, but tougher players to play against, players with some heart. We get it, your team has some skill, but soft as butter, with zero heart.
way off base on what Kapanen is - high motor, elite speed, good possession player, always in the corners and on the back check. The knocks on him are on the talent end, his brain often doesn't keep up with his speed so he needs a large volume of good chances to produce (which his legs tend to create). He's closer to Zach Hyman than he is to William Nylander as an archetype

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Please random fan in every leafs thread stop with the hot takes that show you dont actually watch the players your so quick to comment on...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I mean I know everyone loves Josh Anderson but given his season to date, you can't help but say it's not as crazy as it was this time last year.

I'd roll the dice as a Leafs fan just because Anderson brings some different elements to the team and he can slot in on the 3rd line but I think the general consensus is on HFBoards his value is through the roof. Not sure on real life though.

Reactions: Cotton

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Why would toronto trade for a guy who has 1 g 1 a and -8?

Brutal

Agreed. Leafs should stay away and fans should stop making proposals for him.

I mean I know everyone loves Josh Anderson but given his season to date, you can't help but say it's not as crazy as it was this time last year.

I'd roll the dice as a Leafs fan just because Anderson brings some different elements to the team and he can slot in on the 3rd line but I think the general consensus is on HFBoards his value is through the roof. Not sure on real life though.

If his value is low, CBJ probably aren’t gonna trade him. But he’s so bad that Leafs shouldn’t want him and shouldn’t embarrass their fan base by making offers for him.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Agreed. Leafs should stay away and fans should stop making proposals for him.

If his value is low, CBJ probably aren’t gonna trade him. But he’s so bad that Leafs shouldn’t want him and shouldn’t embarrass their fan base by making offers for him.

Okay, humor me.

At what point does his actual production concern you? If he's dealing with injury issues then is it the season? Maybe. No doubt 2 pts so far is a huge let down by his standards.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Okay, humor me.

At what point does his actual production concern you? If he's dealing with injury issues then is it the season? Maybe. No doubt 2 pts so far is a huge let down by his standards.
About the time his contract is up, and what he is asking for...so ask about him sometime next year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
About the time his contract is up, and what he is asking for...so ask about him sometime next year.

I suspect arbitration is going to be his first choice this summer. Production hasn't been there this year and the long term number is likely ugly.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Okay, humor me.

So our discussion is no longer tied to the thread topic of the CBJ trading Josh Anderson? 'Cause if so, then I'm happy to humor you and talk about "At what point does his actual production concern you?"

But if this is just you angling for an opening to say "See, his value in trade is the value being offered" then I'm really not interested, because...

If he's as good as most think he is or can be, no one's trading him, and if his struggles are indicative of something he's not getting traded for pennies on the dollar.

Reactions: Fro and Viqsi

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I suspect arbitration is going to be his first choice this summer. Production hasn't been there this year and the long term number is likely ugly.
Then CBJ probably won't trade him until TDL during the year after he gets an arbitration contract. And no, we are not using this year's stats (selling low) because it makes sense for other teams.

Reactions: majormajor

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Would something around Kap/AJ/Kerfoot+picks/prospects for Savard+Jenner be any interest to Columbus fans?

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Would something around Kap/AJ/Kerfoot+picks/prospects for Savard+Jenner be any interest to Columbus fans?
Packages really don't interest us (IMO) because we don't need to upgrade multiple positions nor are we trying to get younger. Savard is really the only Veteran on D we have, and our needs are 2C or a top-line winger. And we don't have the assets to make those deals possible without creating more holes.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This team doesn't have sufficient holes for package deals to make sense. There was a way to get Savard to the Leafs, but it went away when Kadri was traded.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
So our discussion is no longer tied to the thread topic of the CBJ trading Josh Anderson? 'Cause if so, then I'm happy to humor you and talk about "At what point does his actual production concern you?"

But if this is just you angling for an opening to say "See, his value in trade is the value being offered" then I'm really not interested, because...

If he's as good as most think he is or can be, no one's trading him, and if his struggles are indicative of something he's not getting traded for pennies on the dollar.

Not angling for anything man. Already stated my opinion. I'd do Kap for Anderson because of the fact it would be a new ingredient and I would take the chance on him regaining his form. He may or may not and that may or may not work out for CBJ/TOR respectfully, you're not into that, it's cool.

I just asked a question because I was curious about where you guys are at as a fan base because he's a pretty important player to you guys. He's done some good things when I have caught the odd CBJ game but I don't see nearly enough compared to you. It's like people are allergic to discussion on this board though sometimes.

Then CBJ probably won't trade him until TDL during the year after he gets an arbitration contract. And no, we are not using this year's stats (selling low) because it makes sense for other teams.

I'd probably be thinking along the same lines too.

Reactions: Dumais

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad