Confirmed Trade: [TOR/CBJ] Riley Nash for conditional 2022 7th round pick

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
What’s petty is insulting people because you brain needs to shut down and attack in order to “defend” your position.
It was done for 1 reason...to get around the cap.
That is cheating they will make a new rule on when or how guys can and can’t play for teams in the playoffs in the near future
Again How is that cheating? So players on LTIR shouldn't be allowed to be traded?
You have no idea what your talking about.
There's no rule that could be put in place to avoid whatever you think is right.
Doesn't matter if he played for the leafs before or not he's a Leaf now and eligible to play in the playoffs.

tuckertowns

Sep 5, 2009
YEG
Its cap circumvention and it's cheating I will be suprised if they don't close this hole
But hey if you need to cheat go for it
it only goes against sportsmanship and taints everything if you win._no big deal to a guy like Dubas
It’s perfectly legal therefore it’s not cheating.
Come on now thats just shifty lawyer talk, it is 100% cap circumvention and yes the other teams trying to win a cup are being cheated. If they sign him to an extension its hockey if the use him for only these playoffs to dodge his cap its cheating and the actual definition of cap circumvention
Any team is able to do it. Go for it, it’s Not against the rules. Tampa is doing it with a much more dangerous, more expensive player. I don’t get why you’re so upset. If your team has the financial means to pull something like this off, I won’t be mad. I promise.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Its cap circumvention and it's cheating I will be suprised if they don't close this hole
it only goes against sportsmanship and taints everything if you win._no big deal to a guy like Dubas

But it's not cheating because it's not against the rules, because there is no rule against it, Tampa is doing it right now with Kucherov

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
What’s petty is insulting people because you brain needs to shut down and attack in order to “defend” your position.
That is cheating they will make a new rule on when or how guys can and can’t play for teams in the playoffs in the near future

By definition, cheating is breaking the rules. Therefore, you are wrong.

Dec 15, 2002
I'm just taking a wild shot in the dark and saying that Andersen isn't really injured, he's just cooperating by being put on LTIR until the end of the season.
The NHL has the ability to check his actual injury status and go through team correspondence to verify it. Whether they'll do it or whether they'll just go on yeah, he's got this freakish skin allergy thing, he can't wear a jersey, he can't play now is a different story.

Not to mention, there's still no indication he's really out for the rest of the season. The fact that he's on LTIR only means he's going to be out at least 10 games and 28 days. That 28-day period ends in about a week.

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
If it was cheating, the league would have stepped in.
You are just upset that The leafs management team actually figures these things out instead of sitting their doing nothing.
Your responses reek of jealousy.

Reactions: Mckay

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Not a game changing trade by any means but I guess its decent. I'm sure he will be a slight upgrade in the bottom 6 come playoffs

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
The Leafs will cheat and play him and he'll be 100% fine. The big cheaters.

I have heard he might be ready for playoffs - it may be worth another gamble if the Medicals support it.

also this is not cheating - good grief.

Reactions: Mckay

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok

That you see a new rule being introduced does not mean they broke a rule. That you're upset that they took advantage of what exists does not by definition mean they did something wrong. "To get around the cap" is something that teams attempt to do every day. You'd be silly not to try to maximize your Cap potential. Columbus got something for a player who wasn't going to impact their season in any meaningful way. The Leafs used their knowledge to their advantage.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Sportsmanship is irrelevant.
Only written rules matter, whether in sport or in life.
If it's not written down, it's allowed.
Leafs are smart using this avenue, more teams should. Depth for them come playoff time, seems savvy.
Just as LouLam pulls off some beauties, again not cheating, just being smarter than the crowd.

Reactions: axlrose87

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015

You're not trying if you’re not cheating :D

For real tho, this a perfectly legal trade. No cheating involved. Don’t be salty that your GM wasn’t smart enough to pull it off.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
This move is cheating in the same way that pulling your goalie and playing 6 on 5 is cheating. You get an advantage but it's within the rules, and has draw backs and consequences of using it.

It seems like some posters want the Leafs to be at some distinct disadvantage and should almost be handicapped more. The league already doesn't allow big markets to breathe, I don't feel bad at all if we take advantage when and where we can.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
If he draws into the Leafs lineup in the playoffs, they’re in trouble. He’s really bad now, and super soft. Boyd is better and they lost him on waivers.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
He's not a star and he isn't gonna score a lot of points. But he's a hard worker and he cares. He's also scored some pretty big goals at important times. I hope he gets back and plays in the playoffs. Very low risk for a 7th/6th.

Jan 21, 2018
So the first half of this thread is filled with trolls posting the same joke about this being Dubas’ big move.

And now the last half of this thread is filled with those same trolls calling the Leafs cheaters once they realized that Nash is a free asset that can help them in the playoffs.

Did I summarize this thread correctly?

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
So the first half of this thread is filled with trolls posting the same joke about this being Dubas’ big move.

And now the last half of this thread is filled with those same trolls calling the Leafs cheaters once they realized that Nash is a free asset that can help them in the playoffs.

Did I summarize this thread correctly?

It’s not a troll job it’s a loophole avoiding cap hits that is cheating

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Sure because people that dodge taxes exploiting loop holes and living in tax havens are not tax cheats...

LOL, ok we can all move on from you now. Comparing a team trading a late 7th round pick for a 4th liner that may or may not play this season to millionaires dodging taxes is a new level of stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00