Proposal: TOR CAR WPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Jets are in cap hell next summer. Leafs have a Nylander holdout. Canes have some great talent on defense and could use even more offensive talent to turn them into a true Cup contender. So here’s my idea:

To WPG:

Brett Pesce
Rasmus Sandin
Haydn Fleury
CAR 2nd

To CAR:

William Nylander
Bryan Little

To TOR:

Jacob Trouba

Thoughts?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
In the multitude of Trouba to Toronto threads isn't it always pointed out that Trouba doesn't like Canada?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I think this makes a lot more sense for the jets than a move around Nylander, since they get back a quality RHD in Pesce (not as good as Trouba but still really good)

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Trouba has no interest in playing anywhere north of the border - this includes both Winnipeg and Toronto.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Value aside: Doesn't little have a NMC? Don't think he'd want to move from a solid cup contender to a team that is likely a bubble team at best.

Reactions: SvechNecas

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Losing both Sandin and Nylander for Trouba is unbalenced in terms of value for Toronto’s perspective, I don’t think the Leafs go for that, Nylander straight up is probably all that would be in this. Winnipeg might go for this deal, because they are getting some solid cost-controlled pieces that could be useful in the future out of that, but again, they are contending this year for a Cup Trouba is better then Pesce on their blue-line. Carolina definitely does because they are getting unquestionably better parts then they are giving up.

Beyond just a value issue, the problem with all these Nylander for Trouba threads is that it is essentially two teams trading bear identical problems: both players are dead set on demanding above market value from their teams, which are both facing imminent cap crunches. Swapping problems like this doesn’t solve much.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Trouba has no interest in playing anywhere north of the border - this includes both Winnipeg and Toronto.

Care to post a source for this? I've heard nothing but speculation around this and not a single real source since it was first rumored. But I may have missed it.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The Canes would have Aho, Staal, Nylander, Rask and Wallmark as center options at the NHL level, with prized prospect Necas and Roy in Charlotte.

Not only would Carolina have a limited need for Little in the short-term in that hypothetical, but also his contract poses a real problem in the mid-term, as Aho, Teravainen, Hamilton, Faulk, Svechnikov, etc. get raises on their next contracts.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Jets are in cap hell next summer. Leafs have a Nylander holdout. Canes have some great talent on defense and could use even more offensive talent to turn them into a true Cup contender. So here’s my idea:

To WPG:

Brett Pesce
Rasmus Sandin
Haydn Fleury
CAR 2nd

To CAR:

William Nylander
Bryan Little

To TOR:

Jacob Trouba

Thoughts?
I'd much rather Pesce for the Leafs do to his cap and his cheaper acquisition cost.
No need to include Winnipeg.

Reactions: Snowman

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I'd much rather Pesce for the Leafs do to his cap and his cheaper acquisition cost.
No need to include Winnipeg.
I mean, it would be nice to see these two teams somehow solve eachothers pending cap issues, but I can’t really see it. Both essentially have the problem of having young guys who are among their best players but not the best (or even top-3) wanting new contracts that are above their market value, and both teams need them to probably take a modest discount in order to keep everyone long-term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad