Confirmed with Link: [TOR/CAR] TOR acquire F Alex Galchenyuk for F Yegor Korshkov and D David Warofsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
Am a sting fan and watched him a ton in sarnia. Really wanted him in the draft in 12 ( or yakupov lol) amazing that both those guys busted they were studs in the O

Reactions: KLM-Line

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I always like a dumpster dive acquisition. I don't think the chances are high that it pans out but the Leafs do seem to like stocking the lower lines with high pedigree guys who haven't been able to figure things out. Think of him as another Jimmy Vesey.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Has a 30 goal season on his resume. A good for 15-20. Skill is there, work ethic hasn't been. Even in Minnesota at the tail of last year he had 7 points in 14 games. He can at least bring what Vesey does for the most part. Management just rolling the dice and freeing up a contract spot. Nothing to be mad about here

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Help me understand this lol

this is a low risk high reward move. Galchenyuk if he finds form would be a massive upgrade over Vesey and provide extra scoring depth. He can also play Center. So if a Center goes down he can step in. I think long term he is a better and cheaper option over Kerfoot. I’d have to think next season they look to move on from Kerfoot to create space to keep Simmonds.

just two seasons ago he had 41 points. The upside is still there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad