Proposal: [TOR/CAR] - something around Pesce for Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
What are you talking about? Having played center for a handful of games doesn’t equate to being a full time center in the NHL. Leafs are my second team and Nylander has been predominantly a winger. Like I said, he may be a center down the road, but to date he’s been a winger.
Way to move the goal posts. First you said he hasn’t played center. Now you are saying he hasn’t played full time. Lol.

FYI, even guys like Sundin and Kadri and Seguin took time to be a center in the NHL. They weren’t centers right away.

Reactions: leospaceman3434

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Way to move the goal posts. First you said he hasn’t played center. Now you are saying he hasn’t played full time. Lol.

FYI, even guys like Sundin and Kadri and Seguin took time to be a center in the NHL. They weren’t centers right away.

Oh Get real. I didn’t say he’s never played center for a few games, I said he has yet to be a center...as in that’s his primary position. Aho has played about 12 games at center and I’d say the exact same thing about him. Playing a handful of games is not the same as being a center in the NHL. Common sense.

He very well could be an NHL center, but today he is not so it’s silly for you to bust on a poster for saying he’s a winger because that’s what he’s been.

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
For the price (of his contract) Pesce is a good piece but however going to say it again the LEAFS ARENT TRADING NYLANDER unless the d-man is elite or near elite.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Value is close but I doubt either team does this trade.

The canes need centers and goalies, nylander is neither.

Just too risky to give up nylander from a leafs pov.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
probably mostly a matter of simple math. you might get a horrible shock if you give this matter any sort of attention. sadly, sticking your head in the sand probably wont help you when reality strikes

2019-2020 83M cap:

Marleau 6.25-Matthews 11-Nylander 6.25
Hyman 2.5-Tavares 11-Marner 6.75
Johnsson 1.5-Kadri 4.5-Brown 2.1
Grundstrom .925-Lindholm 1-Kapanen 1.5

Rielly 5- ? 6
Dermott .9-Zaitsev 4.5
Rosen .925-Ozhiganov .925

Andersen 5
Sparks 1

Kessel 1.2

Cap hit: just under 81M

Simple math.

Leafsguard

Feb 1, 2018
This would make the Leafs a much better team even if they lose an "elite" (lol) player.

That said they should try to go after Connor Murphy instead, he's not doing amazing in Chicago but could be the perfect Kempny-like buy low mobile stay at home RHD to solidify their defense at the expense of Brown or Kapanen instead of Nylander.
I actually have thought about Murphy for a while think you can actually get away with not trading anyone off the active roster, might get away with couple of AHL's and middle picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad