Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Calle Rosen extends with the Leafs (2 years, $750K AAV)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Sure was a lot of hype for this guy in the preseason.....of last year.

I suppose the one upside to being stuck with the Marlies was their Calder Cup win last year. Still, you'd think he'd appreciate a shot at an actual pro roster spot? Who leaves to make room for him? Kind of cluttered in Toronto.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Sure was a lot of hype for this guy in the preseason.....of last year.

I suppose the one upside to being stuck with the Marlies was their Calder Cup win last year. Still, you'd think he'd appreciate a shot at an actual pro roster spot? Who leaves to make room for him? Kind of cluttered in Toronto.

Gardiner and Hainsey are pending UFA's.

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
Rosen is definitely a NHL level skater. His skating and puck moving has always impressed me. He has adjusted to the North American game in the AHL well. He just needs some opportunity. He is primed to make the squad with an effective cap hit of 750k

Reactions: NHL WAR

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
He is a pretty solid player imo has no major weeknes in his game. Skates really well, a solid number 5 on a good team may have to be top 4 at some points next year for the leafs, they need a d or 2 like this to shine next year, I for one hope it’s Rosen.

He's got a bit of upside still but really lacks size

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Showed flashes of skill last season but was too raw coming out of Europe. Has since gotten his legs under him in the AHL. Marlies best defenseman in the Calder playoffs last season and through the start of this season.

Our cap situation is what it is and this is the type of contract we're going to need on the third pair. No he's not going to be an NHL stud but he still has some upside (relative to a $750k contract) and I'll take that over a slow, aging vet.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Hopefully he can get a call up this year to prime him for some 3rd pairing minutes next year. Leafs will need as many <900k players as they can get.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
He is a pretty solid player imo has no major weeknes in his game. Skates really well, a solid number 5 on a good team may have to be top 4 at some points next year for the leafs, they need a d or 2 like this to shine next year, I for one hope it’s Rosen.
Agreed.
I think he'll walk in next training camp with a good shot at the #5 spot, all with a lovely cap hit of 750K.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Hainsey once the season is over:

thrown-out-of-bar-gif.gif

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Really like that its 2 years instead of 1. Was probably the best defensemen in the AHL during the Marlies playoff run last year, especially in the finals where he completely took over.

Great skater/puck mover.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Rosen is definitely a NHL level skater. His skating and puck moving has always impressed me. He has adjusted to the North American game in the AHL well. He just needs some opportunity. He is primed to make the squad with an effective cap hit of 750k

He hasn't looked confident in his short NHL stints (preseason and regular season). Lots of mistakes and didn't play up to what he's capable of. Hopefully he finds his game in the AHL and could factor in next season when Dermott moves up to the top 4. This speaks to how great it must be to play for a top organization. I bet he could find an NHL spot on a bad team, but is content playing in the AHL and waiting for his shot.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Given cap situation this is a great deal for the Leafs. Even if he only becomes a #6/7 dman. 2 years @$750k is a really good contract for the Leafs. Good work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad