Confirmed Trade: [TOR/ARI] Conor Timmins for Curtis Douglas

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
I get it... but where would he fit in this lineup, assuming everyone is healthy? Would he be 7th, 8th, 9th in the lineup? I don't really think we should be paying anything for that level of depth.
Exactly. D is set already. We already have a Schenn type player in Benn. Let's pick up another we top 6 LW or 3C

Rielly
Brody
Gio
Holl
Lily
Sandin
Timmins
Benn
Mete

Reactions: BHD

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I like what Timmins brings to the Leafs.
Exactly. D is set already. We already have a Schenn type player in Benn. Let's pick up another we top 6 LW or 3C

Rielly
Brody
Gio
Holl
Lily
Sandin
Timmins
Benn
Mete

IMO, that is on par with the group Pittsburgh had when they won the Cup in '16.

Letang
Dumoulin
Daley
Lovejoy
Cole
Maatta
Schultz
Pouliot

Obviously, you have your clear-cut #1. Meanwhile, the rest were able to step up when need be. For the Leafs, Timmins is another guy they can go to.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

sittler rules!!!

Feb 9, 2004
Leafs win the trade, and yes Timmins does have some skill, but the cutting in front of the net with the puck or the muffin cross ice passes in his own end!!! Whoa, No thanks. We crucify Holl for a turnover under pressure, but this kid gets a pass? There is some upside with him, it just ain't on the D side of the puck.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Good start. Sitting 18th in the league for Pts/GP from D. Obviously only one component of the game but fitting the system at least.

70% of points at ES and almost all ahead of him in Pts/GP play 6 - 10 minutes more per night. Interesting little find.

Reactions: Dominance

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I told y’all Timmins can really pass and move the puck in all three zones. He’s got some real vision and creativity in his game.

But he’ll make a few high danger passes in his zone that will also come back to bite Toronto.

But in general, Timmins is an NHL talent and I can see him reach middle pair potential if he stays healthy, a huge IF.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
I get it... but where would he fit in this lineup, assuming everyone is healthy? Would he be 7th, 8th, 9th in the lineup? I don't really think we should be paying anything for that level of depth.
LS is an option that has been discussed and would fit in well. Proven winner at playoff time . He would play mid pairing mins. I think your missing to point , you dint have to label him a # 5 or # 8....he would play and play a fair amount. I would think he would play the 4th or 5th most mins of any leaf D come playoff time ...

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
LS is an option that has been discussed and would fit in well. Proven winner at playoff time . He would play mid pairing mins. I think your missing to point , you dint have to label him a # 5 or # 8....he would play and play a fair amount. I would think he would play the 4th or 5th most mins of any leaf D come playoff time ...
Which Leafs defenceman would you put on waivers to make room for Luke Schenn?

If you're going to add, you have to subtract.

Whatever it is you're taking away has to be worth less than the thing you're adding – otherwise the whole transaction doesn't make any sense.

I don't know that Schenn would be an improvement at all over any of Reilly, Holl, Sandin, Liljegren, Brodie, Giordano, Timmins, Benn or Muzzin [if and when he should ever return to play].

You can't add Schenn and keep them all. Which one would you send off the island?

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
I like what Timmins brings to the Leafs.

IMO, that is on par with the group Pittsburgh had when they won the Cup in '16.

Letang
Dumoulin
Daley
Lovejoy
Cole
Maatta
Schultz
Pouliot

Obviously, you have your clear-cut #1. Meanwhile, the rest were able to step up when need be. For the Leafs, Timmins is another guy they can go to.
Cole and Maata would be better then leafs 2nd pairing of Giordano and Holl sorry not even close

Dumoulin>Brodie

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

Whatever it is you're taking away has to be worth less than the thing you're adding – otherwise the whole transaction doesn't make any sense.

I don't know that Schenn would be an improvement at all over any of Reilly, Holl, Sandin, Liljegren, Brodie, Giordano, Timmins, Benn or Muzzin [if and when he should ever return to play].

You can't add Schenn and keep them all. Which one would you send off the island?
Who said waivers???
LS is an improvement over Holl Benn Muzzin amd more playoff proven than Lil and sandin. One could agrue he would as as valuable as brodie or Morgan come.playoff time.

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Who said waivers???
LS is an improvement over Holl Benn Muzzin amd more playoff proven than Lil and sandin. One could agrue he would as as valuable as brodie or Morgan come.playoff time.
They've got 7 NHL D, so unless one of them is included in the trade, they'd have to waive one.

Reactions: Ciao

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Cole and Maata would be better then leafs 2nd pairing of Giordano and Holl sorry not even close

Dumoulin>Brodie
Well there is no clear cut # 1 on the leafs . Morgan isn't cutting it as a # 1. But that's OK pitt won without letang.
Cole is the type the leafs will seek . They will play mid pairing mins and on the PK.
Dumo was great then and better than brodie who is best suited as a # 3.
Timmons plays has been great and he gets the playoff nod. Holl would be waived or traded .
The other 2 are unproven in the playoffs and would be isolated well.
Benn is a decent fill in .

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Who said waivers???
I don't think anyone would say that Luke Schenn is as valuable as TJ Brodie or Morgan Rielly come playoff time. If that's your best assessment of these players then I would seriously question your judgment.

Jake Muzzin might never play again, and if he does play we don't know what shape he would be in. However, before his current injury he was head and shoulders above Schenn.

I totally disagree with you over the relative value of Schenn and Justin Holl. The Leafs have one of the better defences in the NHL. Holl has been playing well, with lots of minutes, and he has been a big part of that. Roll the clock back to I- don't-know-when, and it would have been the other way around; but in the here-and-now it's a very big step-down from Holl to Schenn.

I think its kind of a toss-up between Schenn and Jordie Benn. I don't see too much between them, on way or another. If the Leafs like Schenn better I could easily live with that, but to swap Schenn in and Benn out the transaction cost would have to be really, really low. Bringing Schenn in at the cost of losing Benn and whatever is traded -- perhaps a second-rouns pick? -- is a net loss for the Leafs.

The Leafs already have enough bottom-end defencemen. Adding one more wouldn't really make them any better.

Sandin and Liljegren are good young defenceman on the rise. Of course they have no playoff experience -- and they will never get it until they're played in the playoffs. I think it's nuts to suggest moving either of them out to make room for a slow, aging has-been like Luke Schenn at this point in his career. That makes no sense at all.

I think you're way off base with this.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

I don’t think Schenn makes sense for the Leafs, but having watched both extensively on the Canucks, he’s quite a bit better than Benn. Better positioning, more consistently physical, better on the outlet, and just a smarter player in general. Schenn’s been an actual quality #5 the last two years. Benn’s more of a decent enough fill in #7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad