Proposal: TOR/ANA

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Leafs acquire: Nick Ritche

Ducks acquire: Kasperi Kapanen

Wonder what you guys think of this, Leafs get some grit and sandpaper in their lineup, as of right now I believe the Leafs are abit too soft. While this helps the Ducks get faster

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Why does Anaheim do this? Ritchie has more offensive upside than Kapanen and he's also known for being a gritty/hard nosed player. He brings way more to the table than Kapanen does.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Nope. Even if Ritchie doesn’t meet his potential I still think he is a great linemate for Kase and will be part of our 2nd line for the foreseeable future.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Doesn't make much sense from Toronto's end.

Marleau is LW with Matthews, Hyman is LW with Tavares. Johnsson is LW with Kadri...and Kapanen is likely Kadri's RW.

So Ritchie might end up on the 4th line or beat out Johnsson for the 3rd line job...seems like a move to make a move.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Seems like the 4th thread I’ve seen Ritchie to the Leafs, not sure why? Last thing the Leafs need to do is trade for more wingers

There's a vocal minority of Leafs fans who think the team will forever be 1st round fodder without some Brian Burke style truculence.

Reactions: biotk

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Non stop Ritchie and Manson threads.
The Ducks toughest players

Yah sounds good man. Enjoy the 10 goals he brings a season with 14 minutes a night. Toughness is dead this game is about skill now.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
While the Leafs do need to toughen up, I doubt the Ducks would feel the need to help them with that.

Leafs would need to add a bit here but that still doesn't seem like it would be enough motivation for the Ducks.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
This would be a change of scenery trade for both players if their development stagnates, but I think we're a year away from determining if either really fall into that category. I don't see why either team would make that leap on these players just yet. Tbh, I'm a believer in both.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yah sounds good man. Enjoy the 10 goals he brings a season with 14 minutes a night. Toughness is dead this game is about skill now.
I just can’t believe my eyes when I see stuff like this.

People literally just watched the Capitals run teams out of the building to win a cup.

Yes skill is important. Goaltending is important. Physical play is still important.

Ask Boston fans what they thought of Tampa Bay ( Tampa f***ing Bay!) running around in their series. It was embarrassing.

With that out of the way, Anaheim says no dice.

Reactions: Getzmonster

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Kapanen isn’t quite an established NHL player yet, though he has played very well for short spells. He has loads of promise but right now only limited NHLperformance. This will be the first season in which he will have a realistic shot at being a season long regular.

By contrast, Ritchie is a regular, whatever his limitations may be. He may never improve from what he is at present but, once again, he is something at present that Kapanen is not, an established regular. Right now, I doubt the Ducks even consider this trade. A year from now things may be different. Maybe Kapanen, flops and the Ducks laugh at the idea of this trade. But maybe it becomes a more or less even trade or, just maybe, Kapanen proves himself and the Leafs are the ones to laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad