Top Undrafted/Unsigned OHL Free Agents

K is for Kingston

Jan 10, 2015

It's amazing how a lot of players can ride their success from when they were highly touted at 14 or 15 years of age. About half the guys on THIS list should have an NHL contract. I'd rather put money on an elite player at 19 then a guy drafted high into the OHL who is performing poorly at 17. As a Kingston fan, I can't understand how a goalie who has never won an OHL game be ranked 17th while their starter who has the best save percentage in the entire league and about HALF the goals against average compared to his back up with no contract? Best goalie in the league. Garlent, Iafrate, and Peresini are my top three on this list. And what took teams so long before someone signed Blandisi?

herc511

Dec 11, 2014
Sault Ste Marie
It's amazing how a lot of players can ride their success from when they were highly touted at 14 or 15 years of age. About half the guys on THIS list should have an NHL contract. I'd rather put money on an elite player at 19 then a guy drafted high into the OHL who is performing poorly at 17. As a Kingston fan, I can't understand how a goalie who has never won an OHL game be ranked 17th while their starter who has the best save percentage in the entire league and about HALF the goals against average compared to his back up with no contract? Best goalie in the league. Garlent, Iafrate, and Peresini are my top three on this list. And what took teams so long before someone signed Blandisi?

Missing Gabe Guertler (Soo Greyhounds)from list, face-off percentage unbelievable and nice hands to boot. Yes only 5-10, but at 190 he brings it every game!!!

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Guertler has been a consistent point producer, he wasn't far out of the top 10. I consider him in the same class as a Hunter Garlent, who received and honourable mention. In preparing the article there was nearly 50 names that could be considered for the list, narrowing it down to 10 and 3 honourable mentions was extremely difficult, and in doing so there are names who where left off the list that many hometown fans could make cases for.

As for Pius Suter, the article states in the first paragraph that this list is of '94 and '95 born prospects. Suter being born in 1996 will go through the draft again this season, and in all likelihood will be drafted.

herc511

Dec 11, 2014
Sault Ste Marie
Guertler has been a consistent point producer, he wasn't far out of the top 10. I consider him in the same class as a Hunter Garlent, who received and honourable mention. In preparing the article there was nearly 50 names that could be considered for the list, narrowing it down to 10 and 3 honourable mentions was extremely difficult, and in doing so there are names who where left off the list that many hometown fans could make cases for.

As for Pius Suter, the article states in the first paragraph that this list is of '94 and '95 born prospects. Suter being born in 1996 will go through the draft again this season, and in all likelihood will be drafted.

50 Names can be added to the list without an issue, these kids pay attention and it might help boost their confidence. Just saying!!!

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Yes I realize that Brock, I was simply stating that the article is on players born in 94 and 95's and that Suter is a 96 so he does not fit the criteria for the article, and when he goes through the draft this year he will likely be selected.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Again, this has nothing to do with the draft or players going through it. I was stating that Suter, being a '96 does not meet the criteria of what the article was on, as it was on players born in 1994 and 1995. I added when he goes through the draft again this year he'll likely be drafted.. because he is very skilled, although if you are referring directly to Pius Suter, technically he can be signed by an NHL club.. Sergei Tolchinski was the 118th ranked North American Skater in his draft year and went undrafted. However he signed with the Carolina Hurricanes the following season, prior to going through the NHL draft a 2nd or 3rd time. The Rule you have to go through the NHL draft 3 times or until your 20 years of age only refers to North American born skaters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad