Speculation: 2020 European Free Agents

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Maybe nto directly to NHL. But there are some interesting guys in top Europe Leagues, that are free to take, arent they?

Always, don't ask me who they are though because I've been snozzing on this topic so far (would be interesting to see the same thread for UDFAs in NA).

I can add one guy to the list though, Artyom Zub is rumored to be going to Ottawa.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Several from the KHL I've been keeping an eye on

Artem Zub - already been mentioned, Senators 'in the mix' to land KHL D Zub

Malte Strömwall - recently linked to Red Wings

Konstantin Okulov - linked to Montreal and Toronto earlier this year, Oilers name has been thrown in there as well

Alexander Barabanov - Coyotes reportedly interested, Leafs also been mentioned by Friedman, and he scored a hat-trick in front of both Bergevin and Guerin not too long ago

Timur Bilyalov - reportedly turned down a contract extension with the intent of coming to NA, Leafs and "at least three more teams that have made serious inquiries about the goalie."

Anton Burdasov could also try to give the NHL another go, he only signed a 1 year KHL deal, hopefully he explores his options earlier this time around if he does.

Also, I don't follow Liiga much but Julius Nattinen (leading Liiga with 26 goals in 42 games) may take another shot at the NHL.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/160611/konstantin-okulov

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/33935/malte-stromwall

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Mikko Lehtonen, a D-man from Jokerit (KHL).

Mikko Lehtonen at eliteprospects.com

He is under contract for next season as well with Jokerit but the way how Finnish media are hyping this guy almost every day to be the best player who isn't in the NHL makes me think some NHL team might want to buy him out of that Jokerit contract after this season.

I believe that he is still leading the D-men in points in the KHL with 43 points and 54 GP, +/- +21 and I believe that he was chosen 3 months back to back as the best D-man in the KHL for each of those months, which is quite an accomplishment.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I have read Nattinen has interest and is free to sign anywhere.

Jaskin has had a very good season beside Shipachyov, would think he gets interest again.

Pius Suter is another one who seems like he should be getting a look.

He got let go by Anaheim, and I'd love to get him in a Sabres uniform. This team needs A LOT OF SKILL.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He got let go by Anaheim, and I'd love to get him in a Sabres uniform. This team needs A LOT OF SKILL.

:) Yep, I am aware. I have my list of guys that I’ve watched that I like. I don’t expect Buffalo to sign any of them because that would be a strange and bizarre occurrence that players that I view and think are worthwhile our players they view and think are worthwhile.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Just a wild speculation, but assuming tat Kristian Pospisil will try it next season. He is doing very well in Finland. Hard nosed checking forward with skills and speed. He said also, he still dreams about NHL. He will be 24 years old, so it is the best time to move. But just my speculation.

And curious to see, if the Red Wings will call back Patrik Rybar from Finland.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Sounds like Kovalchuk but sponsored by Coca-Cola

Ironically there is a famous picture of team Russia playing WHC i think and Kovalchuk and Radulov not drinking Coca-Cola but pepsi instead while the game is going on. Found something better than a picture actually:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad