Speculation: 2020 European Free Agents

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Will Grigorenko ever come back and give the NHL another shot? He was such a prolific scorer in the Q.

I have read that the TML heavily courted him in the offseason, depending on what shakeup happens this offseason I think he would be given a 1 year show me deal and the leafs either trade AJ, Kerfoot or both depending on who they attempt to sign/trade for to fill their 1st pairing RHD roster spot.

Him slotting in as the 3C would be interesting.

Reactions: smitty10 and SI90

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Borrowed from others threads here on Hfboards:

- Mathias Bromé
- Alexander Romanov and Alexei Marchenko
- Dmitrij Jaskin
I think this thread is more for European UFA's Romanov is likely coming over next year and if he is it can only be to the Habs

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
I have read that the TML heavily courted him in the offseason, depending on what shakeup happens this offseason I think he would be given a 1 year show me deal and the leafs either trade AJ, Kerfoot or both depending on who they attempt to sign/trade for to fill their 1st pairing RHD roster spot.

Him slotting in as the 3C would be interesting.
Unless something has changed with that guy's drive, he's neither good enough to be a top-6 player in the NHL nor engaged enough to be a bottom-6 player in the NHL.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Barabanov better come soon. He's getting a little long in the tooth.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oil can try to cash in on Shelp and Jesse P.
I'd prefer both back in the Oiler's mix... very good coaching and we have all day for players of that size and skill.
Shelp would be bottom 6 and might not make as much money.... could see him waiting out 1 more year so he is UFA.
Jesse.. was hoping he'd showcase himself at the World's and raise his stock. That is now unlikely. I want him back but would also be happy if he got a good return (which I'm not sure he will).

Jaskin is very interesting... I LOVE watching him play as he's got a gritty North American type game. Hits and skates hard. I knew he'd do well in Europe but wasn't expecting 2nd in KHL scoring. He'd be a great bottom 6 player but if he signs for a smaller contract could see himself out of the NHL pretty quick.

Lukas Sedlak might be up for a return as well... very good player who got a bit derailed by injuries. By very good, I also mean bottom 6 player.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

the original numbers came from hockeydb, who are a little less in tune with Euro hockey. It's probably an older number.

Barabanov's eurohockey, eliteprospects, and his KHL page all put him at 5'10" though, and at 168, 179192, and 192 pounds respectively.
KHL is probably the most up-to-date, but I would also probably gather the most exaggerated...

Last edited:

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
A guy that instrigues me is Vladimir Tkachev(the winger) from the SKA
What are his plans for the future ?Probably got 1 more year in his contract.. So much talent..

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
What are his plans for the future ?Probably got 1 more year in his contract.. So much talent..

I'd be curious as to why he was never drafted in 2015 after his original ELC with Edmonton was voided by the league. Leading SKA in scoring is impressive but will his game work in the NHL?

Reactions: Dutronc

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

his contract is up after '21-'22 season. Certainly will be interesting to see how he does this season after breaking out last year.

Reactions: Dutronc

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
his contract is up after '21-'22 season. Certainly will be interesting to see how he does this season after breaking out last year.
Whitout being Artemi Panarin, I think he can be a nice grab for a team in need of scoring on the wing. Hopefuly with us.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad